iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Slowly...Working on a Live Edge Cherry Coffee Table

Started by WDH, July 21, 2015, 09:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

OK.  So, I finally finished the two curly cherry end tables to go with the live edge cherry coffee table.  The end tables are not live edged, just a simple design with a bead on the apron and a tapered leg below the bottom shelf.  The tenons on the legs are pegged with walnut pegs.  I like simple. 

The curl is nice, but it is a little hard to see in the pics.  Looks much better in person.  This project is now complete except for delivery.  The cool thing is that on delivery, I get to take all three daughters and their significant others, husbands, and fiancees out to dinner.  So, these tables will end up costing me big $$$$  :).  But that is OK.  What is love worth?  You can't take it with you (old saying).

If anyone can ID the leaves on the two door panels on the right and the door panel on the left in the background of the pic, they will receive extra credit  ;D.  The door panels are hammered copper. 

The pocket beagle on the right edge of the second pic is not dead, just bored with all the picture taking.  Her name is Sadie. 

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gfadvm

Those tables turned out just beautiful! SURELY the recipients will spring for dinner.

petefrom bearswamp

I am in awe of this project Danny.
3 absolutely beautiful tables.
I have sawed a lot of cherry here mostly from my own property and have never come across any curly.
My skills are wanting IMO when I see a project like this.

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Magnificent!!!  The leaves are from the very elusive "Copper Tree".    ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

Quote from: WDH on September 25, 2015, 04:22:25 PM
The cool thing is that on delivery, I get to take all three daughters and their significant others, husbands, and fiancees out to dinner.  So, these tables will end up costing me big $$$$  :).  But that is OK.  What is love worth?  You can't take it with you (old saying).

If your not to grumpy and keep your shirt tucked in, they may let you sit at the head of the table.  Don't let it go to your head. ;D

Right to left, walnut, red oak, duck, and I can't see the last one good nuff.

BTW, nice job on the tables.  They will be pleased.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

hackberry jake

I don't know what they do to cherry trees in Georgia, but I'd like to find out. That's beautiful!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

I like the curly grain to.  ;D Well constructed tables.  Awesome work. 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The tables are nice......really nice. But with all the shop time, you're gonna need to start building your inventory back up.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

OneWithWood

Very nice work, Danny.  Your daughters have every right to be proud of their old man.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sandhills

Absolutely stunning, I still want to be son #1  :D, I'm up for adoption BTW  :D

samandothers

Very nice looking tables, love the grain. 

It earns you the privilege to buy food for others!  What a great deal!

WDH

Walnut, scarlet oak, southern red oak.  Larry, that is close enough.  You win the prize.  It is a one million $ prize.  The check will arrive in the mail.  If you never get it, then the Post Office will have lost it  :D.  That will be a shame.

We will have to hold off the adoptions for just a bit.  I have three more commissions from Daughter #1.  A cherry dining table and two walnut sofa tables.  Thanks to the diligent procurement efforts of Customsawyer, I have the perfect 5/4 cherry for the dining table top.  Once I get these built, I will send out the adoption papers by mail.  If you never get them, well, you know  :D.   

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

flatrock58

Nice work Danny.  Just read through the thread.  What finish did you use?
Have not cut any cherry yet.  Might have to look for some for a project or two I have in mind.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on September 27, 2015, 07:33:14 AM
  Once I get these built, I will send out the adoption papers by mail.  If you never get them, well, you know  :D.

Its a trick....you'll be stacking slabs at 6 am in hot, humid weather and when your finished
Danny will say...."A job well down my son".   smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

barbender

Danny, that trash isn't fit to give to your daughters!! However, I can send you a PM with my address and I can dispose of that furniture properly ;D Very, very nice work ;)
Too many irons in the fire

sandhills

I don't rely on the postal service much, I'll pick them up in person, heck I'll even stack lumber after signing them!  :D  Seriously though, I love your work and following all your projects, you have some very lucky daughters to say the least!

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 27, 2015, 09:59:42 AM
Its a trick....you'll be stacking slabs at 6 am in hot, humid weather

That has happened before.  DanG, it was hot. 

caveman

The tables are amazing and will get better as they age.  I would have gotten the southern red oak and walnut but would have called the scarlet oak a shumard/ 66%.
Caveman
Caveman

WDH

Kyle,

No way to tell them apart from that shape.  Need an acorn.  You can also separate them usually by where they are growing (site).  Doesn't help when all you have is a leaf shape. 

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jemclimber

The tables look awesome!!!! Thanks for taking the time to show us your work.
lt15

Sixacresand

Nice work.  A sign of persistence, patience and skill.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!