iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heads up!

Started by celliott, September 24, 2018, 07:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celliott

Just wanted to put this out there- the Green mountain club (GMC) in Vermont had 8 chainsaws and 2 generators stolen from a tool shed over the weekend. The GMC is caretakers for hiking trails and shelters in Vermont and do a lot on the Long trail and the VT Appalachian trail section. 

I'm posting because I've been a part of the chainsaw enthusiast world, I know guys get excited for good deals and are always looking for saws to buy. It's always been a fear of mine to get ahold of a stolen saw. I had a 346xp stolen from me last fall, it stinks.
So heads up, if you see any good deals (I think they were all Stihls, probably smaller size) and it smells fishy, please alert the authorities. Likely locations would be Vermont, New Hampshire, Northern New York, Maine, Massachusetts. 
I love hiking and have hiked the Long trail the length of the state, the GMC is a non profit organization and does great work.

All those in chainsaw land, keep an eye out...
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John Mc

That sucks. They are a great organization.

Any chance you can get the models that were stolen? I'm on Craig's list from time to time (either directly, or through SearchTempest, which will search a bunch of Craig's Lists at once). I can make up a search string to keep an eye out there.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

celliott

I don't know the models, but just a guess, as they had a picture of the empty stihl cases, they were ms260/261's most likely.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

lxskllr

They have serial numbers? If not, then there's zero way to track them. If they do, it might not be a bad idea to post them around to get eyes on them.

Thank You Sponsors!