iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can the Woodmizer wireless option be added to existing mills?

Started by WoodenHead, January 05, 2014, 06:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodenHead

Is it possible to added the Woodmizer wireless option to existing mills?  Or is this a factory option only?
I know Pineywoods has added his version of a wireless option.  I'm not sure that I would even want wireless, but I was curious if can be done.   :)

Dave Shepard

The wireless option is factory only. You would pretty much have to rip everything out of the control box and rewire it to the wireless controller. I would never give up my wireless. You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Nomad

My understanding is that Dave is right.  But I agree with him; I wouldn't give up my wireless for nuthin'!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

hunz

I had a fella with an 07' Lt-50 that sawed some big logs for me tell me he missed out on that option with his. He said the 2008 models were the first year for the lt-50 wireless control and that woodmizer said unfortunately he couldn't retrofit the newer version to his old mill
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

Dave Shepard

My mill was delivered 4/8/08, and was one of the very first wireless mills delivered, if not the first ever. I know Jeremy from NY actually assembled the wireless on my mill himself.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

MartyParsons

Hello,
Yes, but there is not a kit or part # to do this. So the factory answer would be no. It could be done.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

pineywoods

Are you asking
1 if it can be done OR
2 is it practical to do so ?

1 yes
2 probably not

I added wireless to my Lt40, but I built the wireless stuff myself to match the 95 mill. Mine is infra-red instead of rf like the mizer option.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Dave Shepard

I'm surprised it isn't a dealer retrofit option. Maybe there is just too much time and parts to be swapped out to make it cost effective.

WoodenHead

Quote from: pineywoods on January 05, 2014, 10:33:28 PM
Are you asking
1 if it can be done OR
2 is it practical to do so ?

1 yes
2 probably not

I added wireless to my Lt40, but I built the wireless stuff myself to match the 95 mill. Mine is infra-red instead of rf like the mizer option.

Actually I was looking for an answer to both.  If there was a factory upgrade, I would consider it.  However, it is not high on the priority list at the moment.  I'll take it into consideration when I look at my next mill purchase (which might not happen for a while  :D). 

CalebL

Quote from: MartyParsons on January 05, 2014, 09:15:11 PM
Hello,
Yes, but there is not a kit or part # to do this. So the factory answer would be no. It could be done.

Marty

Challenge accepted?!?!?
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

giant splinter

The fact that it can be done interests me if I was interested in upgrading my LT40HD, if I wanted a new LT40 super or LT50 I would get it with the remote options and an out feed conveyor system
roll with it

pineywoods

As an aside to this conversation, I learned the hard way that a wireless control is just about useless unless you have setworks. My home-made remote works well, but I don't have setworks, so I very seldom use it. I know I could build setworks, just don't have time to do so. Too many other projects  :(
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sparks

Here is a list of parts needed to add wireless to a Wood-Mizer mill. It must be a 2008 or newer Super sawmill and requires the sawmill to have Accuset 2. Only locations to install are Indianapolis and maybe NY branch.

Price includes Accuset 2. See Attached
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

WoodenHead

Hmmm.  Well I have three strikes against me.  I have a 2006 non-super LT40.  And the price is well on it's way to another mill.   ;)

Thank You Sponsors!