iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Should i laugh or cry

Started by teed, September 17, 2016, 04:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teed

You should not stand and think about other things when sawing.... Oops saw in the log dogs is not good 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RduVpHcGBqM&feature
On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

Nomad

Might as well laugh, 'cuz it happens to everybody sooner or later. :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

You nailed that one pretty good!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ox

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

drobertson

Just love the subtitling! I did laugh, sorry bout that,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

It's easy to laugh at another's mistake.  Just glad that it was you and not me.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

Doesn't matter how it happens, we all feel your pain and know the sound  :D

Typically, when I hit them, I say "**&&!!!!@@***!!!" although I certainly agree with what you said.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Sixacresand

I am pretty certain that the last time I hit a clamp or log stop will not be the last.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Brad_bb

I've hit the uprights twice on the band mill and I just let the four letter words out and feel better.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

samandothers

It will happen.

It was a while before I ever did it.  I was feeling pretty good about it.   Then one day I hit them twice!! :o >:(

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: nomad on September 17, 2016, 04:58:36 AM
     Might as well laugh, 'cuz it happens to everybody sooner or later. :D

X2.

I find I do something like that just when things are really going good and I think I'm really in the groove. Then reality jumps up and bites me in the butt.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Carson-saws

Quote from: nomad on September 17, 2016, 04:58:36 AM

X2.

I find I do something like that just when things are really going good and I think I'm really in the groove. Then reality jumps up and bites me in the butt.

Now thats the truth right there...getting too comfortable sometimes allows the "lesson" to prevail...
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

teed

I think the best thing I can do is. Look at it with a big smile and laugh.
..... happens and will happen again  :D :D :D :D
On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

Kbeitz

After the second time I hit a dog I made a guard. Now I can't hit one even if I try. 
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

SineWave

Isn't that what they make carbide saw chains for?  smiley_trap_drummer

GDinMaine

I did the same thing today. I have not tried to "saw my mill" in three years and ....  ta-daaa ... today in the front of a customer and two of his woodworker friends. I did it again. I just told them what I did, put on a fresh blade and went back to making lumber.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Sixacresand

I once had a WM LT10.  Its steel log stops came in two lengths and just dropped in slots.  Depending on the size of the cant or log you would use the long ones or short ones.  After I ran the blade into them a couple of times, I milled some disposable wooden log stops which I didn't have to worry if I hit one.  All I had to do was watch the clamp side of the log.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Czech_Made

Nice video as always.  smiley_thumbsup

I shaved corners off of my dogs, it did not stop me, just noticed it later but it was just a corner of thin wall tubing.  Thats the plus of the cutting chain, it will eat metal too - in small increments :)

Thank You Sponsors!