iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paulownia Log

Started by Sixacresand, July 18, 2013, 01:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

It was probably like that cute little kudzu plant somebody planted in the South years ago. :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

drobertson

All the ole man,(a master carver) told me, was is must be dry, and preferably free of knots for nice mantles and the like, he did say, knots show character, but bring difficulties in the finish product,  he does more than mantles for sure, Native Americans, Animals of all sorts, just a show of quality, but it begins with carve able wood,  invasive or not, management is a requirement for most everything,  david 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

soutz

yep  this tree grows here at a rate of up to 4m per year. I have tucked a couple of logs away to make a surfboard, and this is really where the marked is- if you can find a top class shaper and supply good even timber you will have great cash flow

sigidi

Always willing to help - Allan

Thank You Sponsors!