iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Framing Hand Tools for Sale

Started by Jim_Rogers, May 03, 2011, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: rickvanrv on April 18, 2014, 08:54:36 PM
How do I go about ordering the Basket weave #106HBW2.5 sheath?
I got your email, and will send you some info shortly.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

VictorH

Having recently seen the sheath that Jim had on his chisel at The Timber Frame Workshop, I ordered several from him before he left.  They arrived  today, and boy are they nice.

Thanks Jim

Jim_Rogers

Thanks Victor. I'm glad your order arrived.

Jim Rogers

Dave Shepard

It looks like you have a ton of nice framing chisels, Jim. If I had a spare $1,500, I'd clean you out. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jim_Rogers

Tom is going to be working on his retirement home this spring. This stock maybe all I'll have for the summer.

Better get yours now.....

Jim Rogers

evanwilson

Jim, this is my first post here so please forgive any protocol-breaking behavior!

I'm interested in buying a boring machine from you but would like to ask some detailed questions before doing so. Should I email you or shall we discuss here?

Thank you!

Jim_Rogers

Send me a private email, so I can send you some detailed information about how to go about buying tools from us.
Jim Rogers

theduckdaddy

Hey Jim,

I've been looking for a good draw knife to begin my debarking adventures. Right now I have a vintage 8 incher that is not very deep. I keep seeing people with "deep" and heavy looking draw knifes. I think I need one of those. Does one of those fit the bill? Thanks

- Bryce

Jim_Rogers

Most of the draw knifes we sell people use to debark wane on timbers. The are around 8 to 10" long.
I'm not sure if this is what is best for what you're debarking or not. It's up to you.

Jim Rogers

Chris Steffert

Hi Jim. I like the idea of the flat timber framer's layout tape measure with the 10" burn. Is the tape available in metric, or perhaps decimal inches (1/20" as per Steve Chappell's tape)?  Cheers.

Jim_Rogers

We don't have it in metric. Sorry.
Jim Rogers

Brad_bb

Looks like this hasn't been updated for awhile Jim.  Is there a more current list?  Looking for another Draw knife. Brad
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

RjMaan

You are giving an amazing packages. Too good.

swmn

For me the M556 peg hole mirror is a beautiful thing.  I have struggled most of my adult life to drill holes perpendicular to the exposed surface.  First time through with this thing I realized how far I had to move my head to look at the drill bit alignment 90 degrees away from wherever it was I started, and it is a long way.

Mine shipped with the mirror wrapped in shipping foam and the foam in a manilla envelope, then the envelope in a shipping box.  After the test drive I was able to put the mirror back inside the foam inside the envelope, and then I put that up in my saw till between a couple saws, so the mirror- though it will get scratched someday- isn't going to get scratched just laying around the shop waiting to go back to work.

I mentioned the foam and envelope in my thank you note to Jim, I hope they all ship that way.  The new holdfast has only been here a couple hours.  i am going to spend some time with it before I write a review.  

Jim_Rogers

Sugar

Hey Jim,

Recieved the 2'' Greenlee today along with the Tip Protectors.  I have been on the hunt for that Greenlee for a while and really appreciate the condition that this one arrived in.

Thanks,
Sugar
Hooked up and Hard down

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Sugar on April 16, 2020, 01:02:56 PM
Hey Jim,

Received the 2'' Greenlee today along with the Tip Protectors.  I have been on the hunt for that Greenlee for a while and really appreciate the condition that this one arrived in.

Thanks,
Sugar
Thanks for your comments.
Jim Rogers

Planeiron

Hi Jim

I've purchased a timber boring machine. I think it's a Snell. I need a 1-1/2" bit for drilling out the mortises and a 1" bit for pins. Would you have any bits that would be suitable. Are the bits interchangeable between different makes of machine?

Thanks

David

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: DBoyle on June 11, 2020, 05:55:20 PM
Hi Jim

I've purchased a timber boring machine. I think it's a Snell. I need a 1-1/2" bit for drilling out the mortises and a 1" bit for pins. Would you have any bits that would be suitable. Are the bits interchangeable between different makes of machine?

Thanks

David
David
all tools available are listed in the first post and is current
1" bits are on order any will be listed when the come in
all bits will fit all machines
send me an email for more details
Jim

Cary Martin

Jim,
I have a Snell boring machine and am in need of a 1 1/4 bit! Do you still have one available?

Jim_Rogers

Yes.
In above list there are several. Pick one out, or.
Do you want me to pick one out for you?
Send me an email to jrsawmill@verizon.net
And include your post office shipping address for the package.
And I'll get you a shipping quote.

Jim Rogers

Dad ETX

Any idea when you will have more Big Al's in stock? 
I need to get one.
:)
Thanks!

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Dad ETX on May 24, 2021, 11:56:14 PM
Any idea when you will have more Big Al's in stock?
I need to get one.
:)
Thanks!
suppose to be next week sometime, if it doesn't get delayed again.
send me an email to get on the waiting list.
Jim Rogers

KEK-L579

Hello Jim

I am new to this forum and I am not sure if people generally message you privately to purchase tools or post in this forum. I could not figure out how to message you directly so I'll post here. 

I am interested in the following chisels and was hoping I could get some more information on them. 

1 1/2" unreadable-----------------------------------$85-25O-5
1 1/2" Blacksmith made----------------------------$90-25P-6

If we can message privately I will provide my email, if that is how you send pictures. 

Thanks 

beenthere

KEK
Welcome to the Forestry Forum

You can click on the forum user name and send a PM (private message) to any member. 

Would you tell us about  your timber framing?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!