iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can You ID This Wildflower?

Started by WDH, June 27, 2007, 10:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

I saw it today on one of the blackland prairies.

I love wildflowers and this one is super fine.

Good going, TR.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

That is a Dandy!  I like Wildflowers as well.  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

There are lots of wildflowers in Texas in places that you cannot log, or even drive through :-\.

Texas Ranger

Enjoy while you can, when it gets dry and hot, they will be a thing of the past, this is one of the best years in a long time for the flowers.

WDH

Texas Ranger

Saw ya at your staff meeting, would of said "hey", but they may have wondered who the bum was you were talking to, been a hot day in the shop. smiley_devil_trident

WDH

Negotiating a fiber agreement, if it what I think you are referring to at the WS.

How is the door project progressing?

Texas Ranger

About 40 percent, heat is killing me, or at least the desire to work.

SwampDonkey

That flower looks brilliant.

I was checking on my transplanted lady slippers today and they have already flowered and seeded. There is a bit of a story behind them. In 1992, after hearing about my father's plans to do some land clearing and hiring a stumpage contractor to cut our woods I decided I needed to move these to a save location for a time from their location in the woods. I planted them home in the flower bed for about 14 years until there was a good established hardwood stand after the harvest. Last year I set them back in their rightful place in under the maple canopy on a moist site. They flowered this spring and I also discovered a clump of Dutchman's breeches transplanted in with them. Those came from another woodlot we owned. The 'renewed' woodlot is looking nicer every year as the canopy of a new forest is closing in.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Nothing like looking ahead and having a plan, SD.  Good to hear that it came to fruition :).

Thank You Sponsors!