iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Michigan Out of Doors T.V.

Started by Jeff, March 05, 2011, 10:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We have a local show here in Michigan that started back in the 1960's with a guy named Mort Neff.  The showed has endured all of these years, and always has a good selection of local outdoor stories. You can now watch episodes on the internet.  This weeks episode, Jenny, one of the co-hosts goes Ice Fishing for Perch not to far from where my property is the U.P. and even closer to Kevin's home in Canada.  This may be an ejukation for some of you southern boys on fishing though the ice.  This is a day it looks like you are walking on water.

http://www.michiganoutofdoorstv.com/shows.cfm?VideoID=121

Anyhow, There are several full length episodes online if you care to watch, these shows, show why I love Michigan.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doctorb

Thanks Jeff-

I'll have to wait until I get back to the hospital to view it, because my Internet connection is via satellite.  I know the ads onTV say its high speed, but it's not.  It's much better than dial-up, but for video it has too many long pauses and reloads to actually enjoy a film of any more than a minute or two.

Bobby
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WDH

Duly watched by Southern boy.  Nice bucket of perch!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

What do they use those bait fish they are catching for, gator?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Mooseherder

Enjoyed the videos. :)
They also have some on YouTube.

Shotgun

Quote from: Jeff on March 05, 2011, 10:23:45 AM
We have a local show here in Michigan that started back in the 1960's with a guy named Mort Neff.  

Jeff, I think the show actually started in the early 1950's.  I remember watching it at the age of 13 or 14. I wouldn't miss it. Black and white TV, and pretty poor reception.  Yup, I know it...you don't have to say it. It's what happens if you're lucky.   ;)

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

I was thinking it probably did Norm, but that was before my time. ;)

northwoods1

Quote from: Texas Ranger on March 05, 2011, 09:23:59 PM

If your talking about perch and you have never had a pan of those set in front of you at dinner time you are missing out on one of the finer things of life :D ... it might seem crazy to a texan to go sit out on the ice all day for a bucket of those but just have a good feed of them one time and it will all become really clear!

Norm

Good show, really enjoyed it, thanks Jeff.

Jeff

Quote from: northwoods1 on March 06, 2011, 10:37:10 AM
Quote from: Texas Ranger on March 05, 2011, 09:23:59 PM

If your talking about perch and you have never had a pan of those set in front of you at dinner time you are missing out on one of the finer things of life :D ... it might seem crazy to a texan to go sit out on the ice all day for a bucket of those but just have a good feed of them one time and it will all become really clear!

You got that right. It's one of the finest things in this world you can eat. :)

doctorb

Enjoyed the show.  Makes me want to get a line wet.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Norm

We don't have whitefish in our area, are they good eating?

Jeff

Oh Yes. Even in Michigan, its considered by some to be one of our finest eating fish.

http://www.greatlakeswhitefish.com

Jeff

Quote from: doctorb on March 06, 2011, 01:09:23 PM
Enjoyed the show.  Makes me want to get a line wet.

Doc, I'm beginning to think you might be the guy in this video clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHcL40ALOJ8

Magicman

I'm not going to fish with Doc,  :o  but I can attest to the eating quality of Whitefish.  Very good.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Quote from: Jeff on March 06, 2011, 03:30:39 PM
Doc, I'm beginning to think you might be the guy in this video clip

What fish?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

That is a good show I get to watch it sometimes here if the stars are all aligned in the right order.  ::) :)
My favorite fish to eat is whitefish, not that a pan of those little guys aint good eating now  ;) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

I was wondering where a man (and his wife and kids) might go for a nice pan of speckled brook trout out that way. ??? My favorite fresh water fish. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

???  Wouldn't a man need a " wife and kids " to begin with before wondering about where to go wit dem  ???   ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

The purpose of the brackets () is to fit them into the adventure if you happen to be a fella like Marcel with them. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Jeff

Is that the adult version of Rickets?

WDH

semologger

Yoopersaw

Quote from: Jeff on March 06, 2011, 01:45:40 PM
Oh Yes. Even in Michigan, its considered by some to be one of our finest eating fish.

http://www.greatlakeswhitefish.com

Michigan's cold water Perch is the finest eating fish there is.

Thank You Sponsors!