iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Rain (with freezing kind) has just begun, coming up from Oakfield , Maine. I Think it is still 29F though, but  ice mixed in it to. 3 jugs of gas and a full generator on stand-by. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

The freezing rain did not hit too bad here. The roads never iced up any, just some ice on the trees. I think it just rained by afternoon and in the night. Not a hard rain here so far, nothing just awhile ago. I don't think there is going to be more than cold showers for the rest of it. 33F is not a very warm rain, snow don't melt much in that, in fact didn't much last night. Snow looks just a deep as a day ago. just took another look and the rain is coming down at a good clip now. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

36° and all quiet on the hill.
Yesterday we had freezing rain,snow,rain all at once. Only about an inch of it. Did not stick on to the trees. Last night the wind was blowing and rain. I could hear the wind howling.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Around a foot of snow overall with some drifting 7 feet tall or more. Winds were blowing 50mph so it was nasty out. 20 foot waves crashing took care of much of the ice that had accumulated near the shore of the lake. Amazing how one day all you see is ice to the horizon, then the next day it can all be gone. Supposed to snow today and tomorrow then start to warm up. Hopefully this will be winters last blast.

SwampDonkey

Hard rain here right now, I was caught out in it. Was dry walking the first 2-1/2 miles, the last 2-1/2 was wet. But had a rain coat on at least. :D Temp up to 35F now, suppose to see 45F. Hmm, I doubt it. :D

thecfarm

chevy,7 foot drifts?  :o
Started to rain here,a light rain,does not really feel like a cold rain.I have been in and out with customers,I suppose if i do get wet,than I will be cold.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rjwoelk

In denver co. 60 plus wind. Will be behind me soon. Just need a sail would do some good fuel mileage.  :D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

SwampDonkey

Reached 40F here, never rained since before noon. :) So much for their 2" rain. Not going to happen with a storm crossing the continent, runs out of steam by the time it hits here.

chevytaHOE5674

Spent the better part of the afternoon in the tractor pushing drifts out of the way. Some were up to the windows in the cab. Thankfully the wind has died down so the drifts shouldn't keep growing. 

gspren

It was 81F here on Saturday then low 50s Sun/Mon and upper 30s with snow flurries today, 2 days of actual spring so far. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

chevytaHOE5674

Just reading on the local news site and about 60 miles north of here in the deep snow belt this recent storm put them at 331 inches or 27.5 feet of snowfall for the season.... Makes our 280 inches or 23 feet here not seem quite so bad. Haha

Busysawyer

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on April 17, 2018, 10:33:33 PM
Just reading on the local news site and about 60 miles north of here in the deep snow belt this recent storm put them at 331 inches or 27.5 feet of snowfall for the season.... Makes our 280 inches or 23 feet here not seem quite so bad. Haha
You must be talking about the twin lake , Houghton area. I have spent quite a bit of time up there snowmobiling. My friend has a hunting shack just north of Bruce's crossing. I have another close friend that lives in Watson just north of eskie I go visit about once a year.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

SwampDonkey

Looks like 34F here this morning.

chevytaHOE5674

Calumet has the most snow. Houghton and Twin Lakes are ahead of our 280 but not quite to 300 last I heard.

Chuck White

Just 32° here this morning, and about 1/2 mile visibility back through the meadows!

We have about 1½ inches of new snow this morning!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Trying to snow here for awhile, but not sticking. :snowball:

thecfarm

The sun,we have seen it. Two days in a row. For about 2 hours each day. ;D Comes out for that long than it's night. But at least we know it's above that gray and white stuff in the sky.

curdog

Still in the low 70s @ 1130 tonight. Saw the thermometer bounce around the low 80s today ... but at least it wasn't humid and had a good breeze blowing. 

SwampDonkey

35F here before the sun rises. At least the mercury is on the top side of ice formation.  ;D

Searched high and low all over Carleton Co. for some new pants and bibs. Same story as before,  had to resort to the mouse click. Fine by me if merchants don't want to have stock on hand, saves me money. Can't blame the Walmart's for their losses. ;D

51cub

A little sleet at home, but all rain now 20 miles WSW. Supposed to rain all day
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

WDH

Quote from: curdog on April 18, 2018, 11:35:02 PM
Still in the low 70s @ 1130 tonight. Saw the thermometer bounce around the low 80s today ... but at least it wasn't humid and had a good breeze blowing.
Good air drying weather. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gspren

I took the snow-blower off the Kubota yesterday and am putting the mower deck on today, hope this is not a mistake.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thecfarm

I have to take of the blower too. That's what the loader is for,if it snows.

Crusarius

SwampDonkey

Reached 42 today, was warm when the sun was out, cold when it was behind clouds. No wind for a change. ;D Just watched the birds today, and those robins when there are 30 on a patch of lawn, sure pull a lot of worms in an hour. :D

Been seeing the turkey vultures the last two days feed on a dead coon. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!