iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Easy on the wood pile now

Started by thecfarm, January 12, 2014, 08:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

A week makes a big difference. Most time I fill mine OWB full,does not matter if it's full or just a few sticks,will only use what it needs to keep the water warm. I was filling it,only got 5-6 sticks in it and the dog starts to bark. I close the door and see what she is barking at. Someone walking down the road. This was around 11. I forgot what I was doing and headed for the chore of spreading sand on the ice skating rink that has taken up residence in my driveway. I got that done,after another trip to the sandpile. Wife had to go to town,off we go. Came home and ate and stayed inside. I came to about 5pm that I was filling the OWB about 6 hours ago. Out I went and there was still plenty of wood in it. Told the wife,if I would of done that last week I would not of had much of a fire.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Holmes

Think like a farmer.

upsnake

Nice isn't it. Well except for today I was going to replace the door gasket, so I didn't put any wood in it in the morning, but it still had a good bed of coals so i wanted until 2 pm for the coals to die down, still going strong at 2. Went ahead with the gasket anyway and just had the house and garage furnaces going to help keep it from overheating while the door was open.

WI Fire

Same in SW Wisconsin. It was cold feeding and lots of it last week, now 37 degrees this evening. What a respite!

fuzzybear

The cold has officially returned to the north. -40 as I type this.  It was nice having warm weather for so long.  If you guys ever want to take it back again, we would be happy.
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

breederman

it sure worked the wood pile pretty hard for a few days,  it's going to be 45 today , that won't take much to keep warm today.  :)
Together we got this !

stumper

70 degree difference in a week.  Yesterday it hit 48 degrees, the weekend before I woke up to -23 degrees.  I need a couple more weeks of this nice warm weather, I can see the half way point on my wood pile but we have almost 3 week to go before the half way point in the heating season.

Bytheway my drive is kinda a cross between a skating rink and a bobsled run.

Thank You Sponsors!