iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FLYING A DRONE AROUND MY SAWMILL

Started by 123maxbars, February 01, 2018, 09:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

Well after months of decisions I bought a drone to add to my sawmill videos I make from time to time. With practice i think it will be a good thing, I only did a few text flights at the first of the video. In other news in this video I sawed up a good size white oak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1pH-hBJTE8
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

starmac

I remembe everybody howling about having to register them when they came up with that law, how expensive is it?
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

123maxbars

Quote from: starmac on February 01, 2018, 09:34:53 PM
I remembe everybody howling about having to register them when they came up with that law, how expensive is it?

register them  ;D 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

starmac

UH yea. Check into it, before you go to posting too many drone flights.  I think it was 2 years ago that all that came about, because they were being used to spy on people or case their places.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Kbeitz

In my area is $5.00 a year and the unit needs to weigh over .5lbs.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

MikeON

Registration is $5 and is valid for 3 years.  If you own multiple drones, you only have to register once and apply the same number to all of them.  This is for recreational use.  Commercial use is a whole different story. 
Woodmizer LT40HD Super.  WM Single Blade Edger,  John Deere 4310 tractor, M35A2C Deuce and a Half truck

WV Sawmiller

Nice video. I feel your pain on the wind and sawdust in the face. I did a job 3 weeks ago like that sawing very dry ash and all the dust seemed to hit me in the face.

You mention the weight capacity of the loading arms. I think you will find it is 4400 lbs. I have the same mill you do. I have taxed mine but never had one yet it would not load. I have had them the claw would not turn and had to use the movable clamp along with the claw to move them.

Good idea with the little brass brush to the belts. I need to clean mine more often as they do get a crusty sawdust build up on them especially when sawing White Pine. I only rotate mine at the 50 hour service like WM suggests but am sure rotating them more often can't hurt. It is one of the simpler tasks as no tools required. I don't lube the top bar with my sprayer like I see you doing but am diligent about keeping the felt pad soaked in ATF. More has to be better.

I am seeing some rust starting on my landings so need to get a good wire brush to them and paint before it goes deeper.

I decided while watching you must be cutting 6" cants for later re-sawing. The last cut looked awful close to splitting the pith. May not have been the case as I did not see the cut all the way through.

WO is great wood. Folks around here like it for trailer beds, fences, and bridges. Black locust is probably better but harder to get logs that big out of locust.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Kbeitz

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires all drone owners to register each drone that is purchased weighing between 0.55lbs to 55lbs.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!