iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Watching a good friend die.

Started by Woodhauler, July 09, 2015, 07:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

One of the guys that helped build my shop is on his way out! Cancer has got him! He knew he was sick when he worked on my building but wouldn't let me and my uncle do it alone!!! Master at his craft and a life time of storys will be gone. My shop is built on the same standards as a cabinet maker would build a cabinet!!  He told me tonite that he is stopping his chemo! Harry, old friend its been a nice ride, hope it goes on a long time! 
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

beenthere

Lost two close friends with the same thing. Know what you are going through.

Tough time, but give him your best, and remember the good times. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

It's tough to loose a friend, but you have the consolation of knowing that he is meeting his fate on his own terms.  I admire that.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

I hope he doesn't suffer too much for too long, spend some time with him now.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Raider Bill

I brought a Friend back from Tenn in the same boat. He doesn't want to go through chemo and radiation.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sandhills

Went through the same with a couple of mine, it's so hard just watching when you know there's nothing you can do to help, but I know just being there with them is comfort for them.  As hard as it is I never regretted a minute, maybe it didn't make a difference but I think it did for them.

starmac

I just lost a good friend the same way that used to work for me.
He called to tell us bye before he even told his kids, one of the hardest conservations me and my wife has ever had. He got to see Alaska while driving for me, and his one regret was not getting his wife who loves to fish up here to go fishing, my wife and I both told him that as soon as she was ready, she would have a plane ticket waiting. Her and the wife haas been buds for years, and the plans are already in the makeing to make this fishing season.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

SwampDonkey

Lost an uncle to the same deal. Just had a heart by-pass the previous year. Along about April wasn't feeling good, discovered it in August. One of them kind that chemo and such don't do much except prolong it.  All my uncles are gone, all died young.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

It's hard to lose a good friend.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

WH,

I feel your pain. We lost a good friend day before yesterday to pancreas cancer and burying him today. His daughter is one of my daughter's best friends and he was real active in the local HS band booster's club the whole time my wife was the band director here. Even after his kids graduated he stayed to help. The current school uniforms were his pet project and he did more than anyone else to help get them.

There was a sign at the florist where we stopped to order flowers yesterday about "Everyday Hero" which was very applicable to him and so many others like him we have in our communities. People who aren't on the news for fame or glory, just regular people doing everything they can to help and staying out of your business when they can't.

Our prayers to your friend, his family and you.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

It's a really tough situation when you can't do anything to change the outcome, but you have lots of memories that'll be with you forever.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Holmes

I lost my best friend, my wife 2 weeks ago today to cancer, chemo therapy.  This was not expected. 
Think like a farmer.

Magicman

Oh my, I am so sorry to read this.

WmFritz

Dana, I am deeply saddened for your loss.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sawguy21

I too am deeply saddened. I recently lost a close cousin to cancer, it was very difficult to watch a once vibrant person reduced to the shell she was in her last weeks. All we can do is be supportive to the end and when the suffering is over and the grieving has begun, think of a special memory to help us smile and carry on. All the best in the days ahead.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

yukon cornelius

That has to be tough to watch. I always think they are the lucky ones though. You will see him again in heaven where there is no pain or cancer.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sandhills

I'm very sorry to hear that Holmes, you have my condolences.

timberlinetree

Our thoughts, prays, and condolences for all those who lost a friend or loved one or both.

I tell the kids that one thing that no one can take away from you is good memories. Make a lot!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Woodhauler

Well he is taking more treatments,hope things work out!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

BradMarks

Holmes, I can feel your pain and I know it hurts. My younger brother died Monday night and we bury him tomorrow.

Busy Beaver Lumber

I know your pain only all to well woodhauler. My daughters Father in Law was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in July of last year and went from looking healthy as could be to skin and bone in a few months. He finally lost the battle earlier this year and was one of the finest men I had the priveledge to have met.

No sooner did cancer take him, then then Kristina, my wife, aka Mrs. Beaver had her own battle with cancer and a round of surgery which she is still recovering from.

Hope God is with your friend and that he pulls through it and recovers. Prayers are with you both.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Woodhauler

Well my buddys tumor is getting smaller!!!   Hope they can get it down so they can knife it!

beenthere

Good to hear that. Do hope and pray for the best possible outcome and future for you both.

Went through similar hard times and loss with four close friends over the years... very hard when there is little to nothing one can do, other than be there with them to hash over "old times" and get in as many more laughs as possible and hope for the best.

Was my hunting partner for 30 years, a golfing buddy, a mechanics ex-dentist, and a bridge card-playing buddy. Miss all of them very much.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!