iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Belsaw

Started by loggah, May 11, 2014, 07:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Last November i bought another steel Belsaw ,i haven't had a chance to go pick it up untill today. It was bought new by the original owners in Manchester Conn. in the mid 1980's.  The mill was always under cover,50' of track and a 20' carriage,it has a 46" saw. This machine was hardly used,like new and i felt really lucky to get it. Heres a couple pictures of all the parts in the trailer, and pickup,they dont look like much all disassembled!!! Don

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

wetdog

That one looks to be in great condition, good find. What model is it?

bandmiller2

Good find Don, think you might set it up for long timbers, you have enough parts. Its a rare mill that can do the really long stuff. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

What's the plan for it? Going to do a bunch of sawing with it?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

leroy in kansas

Looks good from here. An M14 sold at auction Friday 5/9 for a little over $600. I had a guy go to the sale  just to make sure it didn't go to the junkers. (salvage people).

loggah

Im going to use the parts to extend my mill ,and use the double carriage, with a little tweaking i will be able to saw 28' timbers.I will still have a steel m-14 i will probably sell later on.The guys i bought it off ran it with a 110 H.P. Massey-ferguson!!!! ;D ;D no lack of power there ,but it wasn't used much as the paint is hardly off the rails.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

drobertson

Heck of a deal, it does look like new, should make the modifications much easier,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

shelbycharger400

I'd love to have a steel track for my belsaw.   

Atlantic Trader

Loggah
That was the one that was on craigs list? Was it in a greenhouse?
I was after it but i would cost too much to ship here. Best of luck with it.

loggah

Yup, that was the one, in Manchester Conn. i jumped on it when it came up and i found out another  guy i know was looking at it, but he ended up buying the one in Milan N.H.

loggah

Well i ended up taking out my smaller belsaw ,1/4" different height in the frame rails so i took the whole mill out, and set my newer one up,50' track and 20' carriage. The central part is under cover,and i will park the carriage under the roof when not in use.I left the ends open so i could use the log loader to reach each end to place logs or remove timbers. Heres a few pictures of the new sawmill in place. i have to finish up hooking the sawdust blower back up and making the brow wider. Don

bandmiller2

Nothing wrong with that lashup Don. my circular mill is the same all the vital machinery including the sawyer and offbearer are under cover. What sticks out gets painted and stained regular. Wouldn't be hard at a later date to extend the shed. Frank C.

Peter Drouin

What are you going to use for power?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

loggah

Peter,I power it with my 60 H.P. massey ferguson diesel tractor p.t.o., the thing about the steel belsaw is the only thing out in the weather is the frame rails,and there painted.

ozarkgem

Man that is a nice clean set up. I have a Belsaw spotted  I think I can get it for 6-7 hundred. I would like to have a circle to go with my band. Sometimes the circle leaves nice marks for rustic work.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

loggah

The circle mill cuts pretty fast after you get a cant squared, They really sing when working! ;D fortunately i have plenty of use for sawdust!!

Possum Creek

I like your stretch belsaw. I bet there ain't many of those around.

bandmiller2

I get  inexperienced offbearers that want to help on the circular mill. I'am not exactly greased lightning on the mill and they think its a piece of cake wile I'am squaring the cant. Then I set on the fly and the boards are coming off fast and they don't know how to handle it. Their not so cocky after that. Frank C.

ozarkgem

how about a video of the Belsaw making sawdust.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

nk14zp

How about some close ups of the sawdust blower and ducting under the saw?  I need some ideas for mine when I get that far.  Nice to have long tracks mine are 48'.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

loggah

I'll see if i can bribe my photographer!!! ;D it will be a few days before i do any sawing, doing some bulldozing,and scrap cutting  at the moment.

sawdust joe

I also have a simular set up fore my circle corinth mill refurbished with all steel and hydraulic drive.
shed style roof using 8"x12" pine beams on top of 3" well pipe with welded flanges.
I also have log deck and out feed rollers exposed I use a 20' conveyor fore sawdust into a trailer
Happy sawing be safe.
Sawdust joe

Thank You Sponsors!