iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone had this happen?

Started by Oregon_Rob, January 12, 2004, 11:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregon_Rob

Here is a strange one. I sometimes use Old Red for milling, my 25-30 year old Jonsered, Last time I milled with it, it would start cutting out, after a few cuts. Couldn't figure out what was wrong. I could let it cool down, start it back up, but as soon as I would tip it over to mill, it would start cutting out again. I figured out that if I kept the tank above 2-3rd full, it was fine. I hadn't run it for a while, so I figured I would work on it. Since I had set it aside with fuel in it about three months ago, I thought I would start by dumping the old gas and starting with fresh. When I was dumping the gas into a pan, out drops a fuel filter.
The hose had gotten old and broke off at the filter, so without the weight of the filter, the hose stayed in one position, so when the gas got to the level of the end of the hose, started sucking air.

Sure like those easy fixes.
Chainsaw Nerd

Larry

Yeap  -- had the same problem on my old Jonsered.  Fuel filter fell off the hose.  Kept hearing a little rattle when it ran out of gas and walked back to the gas can but couldn't figure out what the rattle was.  Eventually filled the carb with grud and it wouldn't idle so I took it to the chainsaw shop to get it fixed.  Took 3 trips and every time I had to walk by a new Husky 272xp.  Made a trade on the last trip in.  Neighbor bought the Jonsered from the dealer.  That was 9 years ago and the Jonsered is still running perfect.

No complaints on the 272 but sure wish I had kept the old Johney especially since there wasn't much value on the trade in.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Oregon_Rob

Yeah that trade in value is why I will keep my 801 until it dies, or I can't pull the rope on the high compression beast over anymore.
Chainsaw Nerd

Stan

That same thing happened to my wife's Mantis Tiller. It is powered by Echo, and is so old you can't buy the proper carburetor rebuild kit.  :-[
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

slowzuki

Happened on the old partner we have, lottsa sawdust got into the carb!

L. Wakefield

THAT'S what's wrong with me- too much sawdust in my carb! Must be that wonderbread I eat.. :D :D :D  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Thank You Sponsors!