iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who are the 81 guest's viewing this board?

Started by Lawg Dawg, July 01, 2018, 10:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawg Dawg

Who are the 81 guest's viewing this board?  Inquiring mind's want to know. Maybe the best sawyers you ever could imagine. Every time I'm on here about 12 members viewing and 80 to 100 guest's?  Just looking for stories from the guest's
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Lawg Dawg

John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

PC-Urban-Sawyer

If they tell you their story, they will no longer be guests since they would have to become a member of the FF and log in to leave a comment...

Until then, they are the unknown, anonymous internet user...

waynorthmountie

either their a bunch of robots the government and facebook , and google keeping tabs on our every keystroke. 

Or people researching how to build sawmills. 

I was one of them for several month until I couldn't find an answer for a question I had. 

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: PC-Urban-Sawyer on July 01, 2018, 11:30:57 PM
If they tell you their story, they will no longer be guests since they would have to become a member of the FF and log in to leave a comment...

Until then, they are the unknown, anonymous internet user...
Exactly, but still could be the best sawmillers ever.  After being on here for 7 years and reading about all these awesome people sawmilling....I wonder how many more awesome sawmillers are out there that don't even post?  Heck, probably alot of them don't even have internet

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Jim_Rogers

They could be members who haven't logged in.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

firefighter ontheside

I was a guest for a while last week when I couldn't get logged in.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Jeff

The software is configured to exclude known bots from those returns. Those are real people looking at real things.  The content on the forum is huge, accumulated over almost two decades now.  We have discussed almost everything over the years and that is all available in a google search. Well, almost all, any areas accessible only to members is not in google.  We see all the time where new members say they have been reading for months or sometimes even years. We also have members that are somewhere viewing on a machine where they don't feel comfortable logging in say like hotels or such.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

In case you have never noticed the link on the forum index pagem you can see more detail if you are a member and if you are logged in.
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=who

teakwood

Quote from: Jeff on July 02, 2018, 08:41:37 AMe see all the time where new members say they have been reading for months or sometimes even years.

That's absolutely right Jeff. I think i was a guest for half a year just reading and didn't want to register. But then i had a question about my skidder, so i had to join and dang do i like the FF since i'm a member. I have learned so much and lots of kind members have helped me out since then and i hope that i have done the same for some of you with my responses.  We have some real mechanical wizards in the logging and chainsaw sections. great forum!!   
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Magicman

I read the forum as a guest for over 3 years before I finally asked to become a member.

I have discovered many topics by looking at the above link that Jeff provided.  I'm thinking "what is that?", click on it and find an unknown treasure.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

Quote from: Jeff on July 02, 2018, 08:43:55 AM
In case you have never noticed the link on the forum index pagem you can see more detail if you are a member and if you are logged in.
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=who

I had never noticed, and that is cool.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

taylorsmissbeehaven

For some reason (computer illiteracy most likely) I am unable to log in on my wife's tablet. So when I am reading at night I am a guest. The rest of my FF time I am supposed to be working :o Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

CX3

You can bet all your bananas there are a bunch of great sawyers who have never even heard of the forestry forum  

Matter of fact I know more than a handful. 
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Jeff

Why would anyone think any different than that?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: CX3 on July 02, 2018, 06:21:52 PM
You can bet all your bananas there are a bunch of great sawyers who have never even heard of the forestry forum  

Matter of fact I know more than a handful.
You're best sawyers in this country are all ready members and have been here for years.
I learned from the best when I became a member.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Goat, Thank you for the compliment :D :D :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

I thought he was talking about Mr. Tom...

Jeff

OutlawB52

Well I joined awhile ago but am just lurking. The information here is staggering and a little intimidating. Had a circular saw in the 70's ( still pilled up in the back ) but have recently purchase a 2003 LT40 super with 51 hp Cat ( 1200 hrs ). Marty just went over the whole rig and I picked it up last week. I live in the real Southern NJ . Will post pics when I figure it out. 

otternorth

I'm often a guest-not logging on because I forgot my password or, being a beginner, not having comments worth posting. 
Many thanks to those who share their wisdom and experience to those of us sorting out a new mill and how to make rounds into squares and rectangles. 
Moved to
Alaska where its warmer and less snow than where I'm from......

PA_Walnut

Quote from: Jeff on July 02, 2018, 08:41:37 AMThe software is configured to exclude known bots from those returns. Those are real people looking at real things.  The content on the forum is huge, accumulated over almost two decades now.  We have discussed almost everything over the years and that is all available in a google search. Well, almost all, any areas accessible only to members is not in google.  We see all the time where new members say they have been reading for months or sometimes even years. We also have members that are somewhere viewing on a machine where they don't feel comfortable logging in say like hotels or such.

Two decades of information is amazing! Do you have any metrics on the total # of threads or total log-ins during this time? Those numbers must be astounding!
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

moodnacreek

Real old fashioned hard working people don't talk so much. I always feel lazy when I'm on the internet.     Three sawyers I no up north don't use computers yet.

Magicman

Quote from: otternorth on July 09, 2018, 01:42:32 AMor, being a beginner, not having comments worth posting
Speak up.  If we all waited until we had something worth posting before posting, nothing would be said.  Many times "off the cuff" remarks will spark interest and a whole 'nother conversation is generated.   smiley_gossip
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!