iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

old canadian sawmill, home made.

Started by weisyboy, February 23, 2011, 04:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weisyboy

here is a pic of the old saw that they had running at the moggill sawmill, it has been unused for 10 years or so,

tanotehr blade gose underneath the blade you can see, it could cut a 4' log clean in half.

a 60hp 3 phase motor on each blade, and motors run hydraulics on the caridge, feed, log turing, conveyers. they had a 130kva and a 50kva motor running the mill.

i have more pics but cant get them to shrink down
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

Kansas

The only way I would run that saw is with a remote camera and controls, from at least a 1/4 mile away.

isawlogs

Corley5 needs that saw  ;D :D

That top saw, did it turn in the oposite direction as the one below, you think so ???
Kansas  there would be no more danger running this mill set up then a regular sawmill , only difference is the top saw to cut a larger log.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

GF

That is something.  I wonder if that shaft had any vibration to it? 

GF

houtwurm

homemade bandmill
stihl ms 441
case 5130 with alo quicke q690 us loader
homemade sawbench

Jeff

Your only looking at parts of a mill. Top saws are very common.  Here are some photos I took of a big one set up at one of our local engine shows.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: Kansas on February 23, 2011, 07:07:24 AM
The only way I would run that saw is with a remote camera and controls, from at least a 1/4 mile away.

And about a thousand feet above! :D
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

moonshiner

Nice pics,Wouldnt mind salvaging something like that,Know where theres some wild cherry it would take one of those to slab rock maple to.

SwampDonkey

Jeff, that saw is the cat's meow. Some fella's are big whooses, eh? :D Wouldn't need it very often in these part now a days, since no one lets trees grow very big before they want to whack them down. ;D :D  8) Never seen one set up around here, lots of circulars, never seen a top saw.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishpharmer

Jeff, incredibly great pictures!!! Wouldn't I love to see that in person.   8) 8) 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

isawlogs

Thanks for posting those,  I would like to see one of those too  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

laffs

hey sd levesque lumber runs one of those all the time. i havent seen it but ive run some of their lumber through a planer
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

SwampDonkey

So you haven't seen one either.  :D ;) Poke'n at ya. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

laffs

nope . worked on a circle mill when i first got out of highschool but no top saw i  was the tailer and edgerman edger had a hand crank starter i never saw the attraction to circle mills back then. made good money $3.50 hr.
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

Woodbuzzer

Very impressive pics,Jeff!!! 8) 8)There must be 2 reasons for the roof-1for shade,and 1 to stand on to sharpen the top saw ::) ::)                                                                                                                                                                               Weisey-You prolly want to fix that rig up after seein those pics,huh :) :)   -Buzz
Frick saw mills,NHTC29Dtractors,Jonsered chain saws,Northern Hyd. woodsplitters,Central Outdoor woodboilers,and Arctic Cats too!

weisyboy

i have a heap more pics of the rest of it, but i cant upload them, for some reason tehre to big and i cant shrink them.

that is what it used to looklike jeff only it had guards and extractors on it. ;D
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

customsawyer

That is great pics Jeff. If I was to set that mill up here I would hit a railroad spike or some such thing right in that perfect spot where the blades over lap. ;D
All jokes aside that is very impressive.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

isawlogs

Do  you remember what kind of wood that was Jeff .. sure looks like a pretty grain pattern to it . man thos are nice slabs  :)

Marcel

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

A top saw would be  8) 8) 8) 8)  Ya Marcel I need more junque
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Kansas

I know that I really need to put in a circle mill for output. Even kind of looked at options. But having never been around one, I just keep looking at the safety involved. Maybe they aren't as bad as I think they are. I just know all the stories I have heard.

isawlogs

I don't know many that do not know of someone that has not been hurt on a mill at one time or other, one needs to have a great deal of respect for them and be awake around them also. Too many things can and will go sour way too fast.  :o

If you respect the mill and work it like it should, it will become a favorite place to be real quick. They do grow on you. The transformation of a tree to a board is just awsome  8) 8)

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!