iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Sawmill Customers

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 30, 2012, 09:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This will be the first year doing this.
Since I got my mill back about a year and a half ago, I have gained some really nice customers that spend there hard earned money on my lumber and trust me to mill their lumber to their specs.

When they come to pick up their lumber we exchange hunting and fishing stories. They look out over the fields of corn, sunflowers, peas, okra, gourds etc. and say, "I'll bet there's some good hunt'n out here". I just roll my eyes and whistle.  ;D

This year I have invited my 10 best customers for opening season of Dove hunting Saturday. I'm gonna buy their lunch at the country store beside the farm and then off to the fields.

I hope they will enjoy their time, I know I will......and hope we having a more productive year with the same great relationship we've had all year.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

That is a very nice thing to do.  We will be eating chicken and ribs at the Sycamore Sawin' and you will be eating doves. 

My wife browns the dove breasts, puts them in the oven with some of the oil and flour to make a nice gravy, and lets them cook until they are falling apart tender.  Served over mashed potatoes. 

(It is not my fault that this turned to food so fast as you were the one that mentioned doves  :))
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 30, 2012, 09:41:03 PM

(It is not my fault that this turned to food so fast as you were the one that mentioned doves  :))

:D We pull the breast out.....put some cream cheese and chives inside.......wrap bacon around them........and cook them on the grill.

But just for this day, I'll give all mine Doves away to the customers.

WDH

Hopefully it won't be too hot.  I have some memories of some very hot and humid days on a dove field.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 30, 2012, 09:52:27 PM
Hopefully it won't be too hot.  I have some memories of some very hot and humid days on a dove field.

It's the humidity from Isaac that's been "killing" us all week! >:(

Buck

All the sudden I wish I was one of your besties!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

leroy in kansas

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 30, 2012, 09:45:12 PM
Quote from: WDH on August 30, 2012, 09:41:03 PM

:D We pull the breast out.....put some cream cheese and chives inside.......wrap bacon around them........and cook them on the grill.

But just for this day, I'll give all mine Doves away to the customers.

Try adding some green pepper into the mix. very tasty

Okrafarmer

Hope you don't get called out to a fire, in the middle of all your fun. :-X
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!