iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ideas for a Log sled for my 30" band saw???HELP

Started by LandfillLumber, January 23, 2010, 07:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandfillLumber

Hello, I have an old 20-30's(I think) 30" band saw that I just got up and running.It is running great,but I want to make a traversing table that i can mill short logs on(for turning stock).I want it to be easy to use as time is always an issue for me.I also want it to be adjustable like the old sets works on a circular saw mill.Any ideas would be great just want something some what easy and cheap to make.Ideas please,Thank you,Victor

backwoods sawyer

For cutting short logs and other oddities, I lay boards out on the deck so the piece does not fall thru and stand a 2x6 on edge so that the block can be clamped tight to the dogs. It is fast simple and accurate for making bowl blanks. I got a bowl turner that is always bringing me something strange that he wants to make flat.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

ladylake

I think were talking about a vertical bandsaw.  Making a sled out of wood would be cheap but I don't think it will be easy.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!