iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the strangest thing

Started by etat, August 17, 2004, 11:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frickman

Last week we were baling hay, and a customer's grown daughter hopped up on the wagon to help. I was in another field round baling, but the way I heard the story from another witness she took after a black snake they jumped up while the boys went the other way. She wanted it for in her barn, but didn't get it. A black snake is better than several cats for rodent control, and you don't have to feed them.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Grawulf

Me thinks we all need some boots - it's getting a little deep in here!!!!! :D

rbarshaw

We live on the edge of an old southern swamp that goes on for miles here. Snakes make regular apperances, that 8' rattler is the biggest i've seen in the 25 years i've been living here, but not the biggest I've heard of, and seeing as I encounter about 5 a year of different types all poisonus, I guess that's about 100. My wife found a baby rattler sitting on the kitchen window sill inside the house, caged it and fed it a piece of hotdog and it died promptly. I've found copperheads in firewood stacks, in the barn, under anything laying around, in the chicken yard after baby chicks and many other cicumstances, I don't like them around and try to keep the place cleared of snake hiding places as mutch as possible.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Thank You Sponsors!