iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2011 Forestry Forum Christmas Contest

Started by Jeff, December 11, 2011, 02:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Usually every year we have a contest at Christmas. Lat year, I was in the hospital at this time, so, we didn't have one, which I am deeply disgusted with myself over.  :-\

HOWEVER ;D   

This year we are going to have one, and it is starting NOW!. Most of you know, that have participated before, I can make them  diabolically difficult. Well, you won't be disappointed this year if that is what you are expecting and looking forward to.  :)

This years Prize winner will have His/Her choice of either a 48" or 60" Logrite Tools Peavey or Cant Hook, Compliments of Logrite Tools.

Prizes have been added for second and third prize winners as well. Each will receive a Bluecreeper value pack from www.bluecreeper.com !

What you have to do:
1. You have to unscramble groups of Forestry Forum Member names.

2. You take the first letter of each member name to form a word for that group.

3. Repeat for each group to get 8 words.

4. Use those 8 words to complete a Forestry Forum web address
EXAMPLE https://forestryforum.com/this is how you use your eight words

5. You now go to that address. If you go to the correct address, you will know it right away, because you will get specific instructions on how to send me your entry for the drawing. If it is not the right address, you won't be able to continue.

6. You will need to be logged in as a Forestry Forum member to successfully send your entry. Guests, now is the time to get registered! :)

7. Your entry must be received by noon EST, December 22nd. We will draw a winner from those entries on Christmas Eve.

8. If you live outside of the U.S., and win, you will be responsible for shipping costs of your Logrite Cant Hook

Here are the groups to create your 8 words.

First Word:
abani    Clue: daddy to be.

Second Word:
byeisyow
ladyeasy   Clue: Closest member in this list to Bethlehem.
mando
artprep

Third Word:
yas

Forth Word:
aryrl
lockhum   Clue:  Son of Cedar
cayg_r
bridal rile
yiff
mamait
reactcelli

Fifth Word:
learich     Clue:  ALL CAP NAME
arareswanky
morn
tramchef

Sixth Word:
arahbeckj erky
hobo_illi
widehootnow   
skasan

Seventh Word
ranof
ljd oeo
alphare

Eighth Word:
tranceper   Clue:   Occupation of the one from the manger.
reelg roghos
ada67rr
swagsoil
buscur penny
anger extras
camgamin
am_hilts
shalldins

Hints: 

• Spaces, or special characters are included where they would normally be in the username
  • No capitals will be used in any of the answers, even if the username normally has capital letters.
  • Only members that have been active on the Forum as recently as December 1 have been used to create the puzzle.
  • Some are really easy. Start with the easy ones, and use those for clues to solve the rest.
HAVE FUN AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!  I's Say Ho Ho Ho, but a diabolical maniacal laugh would be more fitting. ;D :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

I quit already....I'll watch you guy's  :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

We have our first entry already, so it's very doable. :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If you'll look, the answers are on the last page.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

AvT

Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Jeff

When all else fails READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!  I know what your problem is after your message to me, and it is that. Thats all I'll say. The answer is in the instructions  ;)

AvT

i know i read them like 20 times,,, lol grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

AvT

Ahhh thats it! you have to read them 21 times!!

Jeff

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

AvT

this was me this afternoon... lol 
pc_smiley

jueston

i bet the problem i had was the same one, i figured out the words and then i couldn't figure out what to do with them.... but after spending hours going though the endless list of names, i wasn't going to give up... and i got it eventually....

forestry mick

zopi

Gonna save myself the aggravation. Will go and solve for the square root of negative one instead...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

captain_crunch

Jeff
Is there a prize fer the metaly challenged part of the Forum ::) ::)
Merry Christmas
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Magicman

Figuring out the 8 words was  :)  Figuring out where to stuff them is  :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

isawlogs

I even tried translating them .. Dat did no good  ::)  I got er done though I'm in  8) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Radar67

I got this one in about a half hour. It is a bit of a challenge to get going though.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

thecfarm

I could be outside,but I'm trying to solve the address part. I think I have the 8 words part,guess I have to read it 22 times.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JV

I stumbled through the words and finally figured them out, then hit a brick wall entering.  Then the light at the end of the tunnel shown and I stumbled through again.   8)
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

AvT

Im sure I had the answer before all the "grrrrrs".... I think it may have been a problem with the website or I was making some stupid typo that wasnt registering in my brain

Jeff

There is no trouble with the website, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead and think that. :D ;)

AvT

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... actually all I am trying to say is there is no puzzle within the puzzle... you got the 8 words then you have it made

Magicman

I had the answers and was putting them in the right place, but there was one small detail that I was overlooking.  Anyway, now I am an official entry.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!