iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cookie cutter sled

Started by Downstream, August 10, 2017, 08:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

Today I finally had a chance to try out my cookie cutting sled on my laguna bandsaw.  I originally made the sled to saw short small limbs or firewood chunks into small slabs.  Worked ok for that and then I decided it would also work for cross cutting cookies for making coasters.  I cut up a pile of straight limbs I had been collecting for a few weeks.  I probable have between 200-250 cut and then my woodslicer blade went dull and would not cut straight so I had to stop.  I guess i'm off to the woodworking store tomorrow to get a carbide blade for re-sawing.  woodslicer works well but seems to dull quicker than i like.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

POSTON WIDEHEAD

From what I see I like your organized shop.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bruno of NH

The cookies and shop look great
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Kbeitz

My biggest table band saw takes a 1"blade that I can sharpen with a dremel.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Downstream

Thanks for comments on my shop.  My career was spent mostly in mfg, quality, eng so I have organization drilled in for many decades.  Some things are products I developed for my company to sell but nobody else could see the future in shop organization stuff so I was able to bring home the prototypes that were being pitched.

the blade that went dull was a woodslicer.  It also hit my ceramic guide blocks so i think it reset some teeth so I dont think it was repairable.  I tried resharpening a 3/4 blade with dremel but it never cur straight again.  I am looking at buying oregon chainsaw sharpener and using it on sawmill and larger band blades.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Thank You Sponsors!