Sponsors:

Neighbors

Started by Peter Drouin, May 24, 2017, 06:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Peter Drouin

Some cool ones. 

All the Father's idea,  smiley_beertoast smiley_trap_drummer smiley_guitarist smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mike_belben

Im jealous.  Nice shots.  
Praise The Lord

Crusarius

I always joke that all my neighors are cute, fuzzy, and taste good :) some ppl laugh some give me an evil death stare :)

I think I am what you call, an acquired taste?

Peter Drouin

This guy is big. :o

A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Something got after my suet feeder the other night. I doubt a bear. They was not smashed or broke. Maybe a coon? They was both on the ground,but not damaged at all. I brought them in for a couple nights.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dakota

Ya, you probably better have something bigger than a fly swatter to chase him off!
Dave Rinker

WV Sawmiller

Yeah but why put out treats to draw them in then chase them off? I bet whatever it was he was just doing what the was raised to do.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Peter Drouin

In all the years they come and go never had a problem. He comes every 5th day or so. He is big, Maybe 225 / 250 lb

The feeders are about 5' off the ground, He sitting down in the pix. :o

A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Them big ones will pull down the feeders and smash them up real good here. We watched one like yours,not as big,be real easy with the feeders. Than one bat with the paw and the feeder was swinging and not really looking like a feeder any more. :D  Than the platform feeder was bent at a odd angle too.  Guess I have to up my building standards for thier weight limit. So far no problems with the big critters.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

Caught in the act!
~Ron

Peter Drouin

New pups, In my log pile.  :o  :D I was going after the game camera,  And there they where. Had my reg camera with me to see if I can get the deer.

I had I doe with twin fawns walk by the mill today too. Got to get a pix of them.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WV Sawmiller

Those little foxes are really cute. Thanks for posting.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Roxie

Awwwwwww!  How cute!

Say when

Peter Drouin

Kids out playing today.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

And this guy, I'm not sure what I will do with him, If he behaves it will be ok. ;D

I want you guys to zoom on this deer, What's on the coat? Are all the bumps ticks??

A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Nice pictures. I have never seen a pup fox in the woods. Seem them young wood chucks a few times. ;) Got at least one in the stone wall here. Wife's dog has been watching.

Peter Drouin

This morning,

There was 3 yesterday, one didn't look too good. But maybe it's around.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Dave Shepard

I've got a couple of fat woodchucks at the mill, too. One of them is trying for fattest woodchuck of the year.  :D They'll be ok, as long as they don't dig under any buildings. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WV Sawmiller

Peter,

I can't tell but could it be bot flies/warbles on the deer? We used to get them on cows and sometimes a rabbit or squirrel would get them and I don't see why deer would not get them. I don't know any way to check it unless you shoot or catch it. If it is warbles they will hatch and likely have no permanent effect. 
Howard Green

Runningalucas

Those are some cute foxes!
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

Peter Drouin

I don't think we have flys like that here.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WV Sawmiller

This old doe and her yearling from last year are making regular visits in and around our place. Yesterday they were in the creek bed in front of the house then crossed the road and under my neighbor's fence at a crossing where my gas line comes under. (That crossing cost me a new hot water heater a few years ago. Our water heater would quit so we bought a new one and had same results. Found out a bear had crossed and stepped on the ball valve under the fence and shut it about half closed reducing the gas flow. I reopened and taped it in the open position and no further problems.)

This morning the old doe here was about 30 yards from our house by our pasture gate. She came back this afternoon. Her yearling crossed about an hour later. Normally they are together but separated a little today. 

I need to check - the old doe may have this years fawn up on a ride in the pasture where they like to stage them. Most years I take the grandkids up and find them with them. I love watching them lay so still and often we nearly step on one before we spot him. We get pictures and leave them there and watch them grow all summer.

Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

Deer are around my gate and in my yard several times a day now. I dragged a good sized ash log down yesterday and spotted a doe with 2 fawns. Herded them all over the place hoping they would stop for pictures. Two pretty fawns.

Got up this morning with 2 does and 3 spotted fawns between my yard and pasture fence in a marshy area with a couple of willow trees. Told my wife and she got a bunch of pictures. The fawns are really neat to watch.

This is my favorite - looks like he is on point. The tree length log is one I tried dragging yesterday and it got away and rolled to the fence. I need to buck it and drag out in 2-3 logs. At least the bark all slipped off.

Howard Green

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!