iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hotel/motel security

Started by beenthere, March 22, 2010, 01:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Thought this was worthy of passing on to FF members.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAkJRpKeyYg&feature=player_embedded

Showing how easy it is to enter a hotel/motel room when you are out and about. A dual wire is slipped under the door, and one wire pulled to get it to reach up and hook over the inside door handle - making it easy to pull down and open the door.

Solution shown is to wad up a towel and stuff it behind the handle...the wire can't then hook the handle.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

I've not been able to discern whether the problem is my connection, my computer, my software, or the increasing sizes of videos, but the downloads and choppiness are so disruptive that most videos are almost unrecognizable to me anymore.  It sure takes the impact out of them.

Warbird

Tom, click the pause button and do not click play until the video is at least 2/3's loaded.

pigman

I have no problems with videos on my dialup, I just don't watch them. :D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Brucer

A D-cell powered fence charger. A bit of water spilled on the carpet under and in front of the door. A stiff wire duct-taped to the inside of the door, bent so it stands off the wood a few inches. Ground the charger to the wet carpet, attach the other connection to the wire on the back of the door.

;D ;D ;D

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

fishpharmer

beenthere, thanks for the info.  Sometimes I wonder if the bad guys need another "how to" video.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

red oaks lumber

everthing about security is only made to keep the honest person out or in.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

wooddog

You don't have dead bolts on doors in this hotel Let me know witch hotel is and I won't stay there.....

D Hagens

Think I just found me a new career!  8)

Dan_Shade

the problem is when you leave your room...

I have spent many nights in hotels all over the country.  On two seperate occasions, I have been given a key to a room which was occupied, luckily no one was in the room, in both cases the clerk at the counter had made a mistake. 

After this, I really took to heart about having no valueables in the room, and I lock the deadbolt when i'm in the room too.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!