iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spot satellite messenger

Started by ga jones, September 20, 2014, 08:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ga jones

Is anyone using these. I was at logger rescue training today and the instructor showed us his.it saved his life. I just ordered one.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

deastman

Have never heard of it before,  can you give some more info about it ?
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

ga jones

It's a satellite messenger. It sends a gps location of your location if u get injured. U also send a ok msg to a cell phone or e-mail. Look them up online. It was designed for hikers/hunters.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

BargeMonkey

They have actually been out a while, as the price came down they have made civilian models, its actually called a  "EPIRB", emergency personel indicating radio beacon, I hope I got that right. It operates on 406mhz.

Mark K

Ive been carrying one for about 4 months now. My cell phone stays in the skidder cab. It will work where phones dont. Its well worth the money. Mines a spot gen 3.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

AK Newbie

I have been using one in my airplane for about 4 yrs now.   Great little device that has a track feature which sends my gps coordinates to a Google map every 10 minutes.  My wife can check where in Ak I'm flying on her iPhone.  Great peace of mind.
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

OldMasterTech

Read the account agreement carefully - they automatically charged my credit card two years that I wasn't using it. I caught the second one and got that credited but one got away.

The device works well. I use it around Cape Cod & the islands and once on a long trip from Buzzards Bay to New Bern.
All gave some ** Some gave all
Never forget

snowstorm

there is another one like it. its called    in reach   sold by delorme. i was down that way last fall so i finally went in. its in freeport. its the building with the huge spinning globe. i did buy there gps. i like it better than the garmin i have.

Thank You Sponsors!