iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It’s a small world

Started by Crossroads, September 13, 2020, 10:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Yesterday I did a mobile job in Post Falls Idaho for a young man who does chainsaw carvings. The back story is his grandpa Ray Kawasalski started a chainsaw carving business along highway 101 in Seal Rock Oregon in the 1970's called Sea Gulch. This was about 6 miles up the road from where I grew up. In grade school we took field trips to Sea gulch and it was common to see Ray hauling a load of carvings to be sold. Stuff like bears, eagles, beavers and raccoons, he was quite talented. Rays son Karl still has the shop in Seal Rock and does the carvings, but the trails and tours are long gone. Rays grandson Justin learned from Karl and has recently moved to Idaho and has started his own chainsaw carving business. We didn't take very many breaks yesterday, but when we did there was a lot of chatter about our mutual friends and what it was like growing up in a small community. The milling job itself was interesting, it was mostly pine that averaged 30" and was from 5-12' long that we milled 7x9 and 8x9 blanks. The only real requirement was that I didn't capture the heart unless it was on a corner. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!