iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You know it's bad when....

Started by Brad_bb, May 12, 2019, 09:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

FF members are sniffing around your wood piles (rjwoelk paid a visit today)....

We cut up this very curly cherry and got 4 2.5" thick slabs to make a table(s) in the future.  I'll post some pics of the slabs later this week, couldn't get  good pic this afternoon.  I gave Bob another walnut slab for the next bed headboard he makes.  He'll have to sleep on that thing til his gets home to Canada later this week.  Puts it under the matress in the sleeper of his semi.  I told him if the border guard asks why he's got another slab to tell them he's getting wood to build his house in the US one piece at a time!

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Percy

Nice!! CSM I presume...?? Log looks WOW!! And in one of those pics, a funny but tasteless joke comes to mind... :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

rjwoelk

Lol what can I say, I just find its another identifier to wood, what does it smell like, we all know what cedar smells like.
Cherry smells good by the way.
Thanks  again for the time visiting with you.  Made it to Big Bend wi.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Brad_bb

Nope, that one fit on the LT15.  The middle two slabs were in the 18 in wide range, but with the curvature of the log just cleared the guides.  I debated about whether to make timberframe braces(which is my normal MO) or table slabs.  I figured they'd get noticed more as a table.  They will air dry until I get around to building a few solar kilns.

Nice having Bob stop to visit and talk wood and mill stuff.  We both have the same mill.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Don P

Quote from: rjwoelk on May 12, 2019, 11:47:54 PM
Lol what can I say, I just find its another identifier to wood, what does it smell like, we all know what cedar smells like.
Cherry smells good by the way.
Thanks  again for the time visiting with you.  Made it to Big Bend wi.
Oh yeah, the "nose" is a big part of ID for me. Someone posted the other day that a wood didn't have any smell, try again :D. Walking up to a house with a cherry fire going in winter is a happy smell to me.

LAZERDAN

OK I Give ?  Why in the wide world of sports would you be in Big Bend Wi. ?  Unless you came for the water?  I am in very close proximity.

rjwoelk

I drive semi long haul flat bed, travel from Canada to US TO Canada to US, you get the drift.  It's like a log, round. Lol..
I drop steel beam tubing off at custom structural this morning,To night I am in Sault st Marie ON
pick up at eacon going to Winnipeg MB
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LAZERDAN

Got it.  Man thats puttin on the miles, Ya know i knew you were a truck n man,

Thank You Sponsors!