iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

eBay sawmill kit?

Started by TheYellowDart, July 15, 2016, 10:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheYellowDart

I'm heading up to Michigan tomorrow to check out a sawmill kit that is on eBay. Anyone have any experience with these? I found a thread on here where someone built one.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,82659.msg1260978.html#msg1260978
Seems like it all went together ok, just wondered if anyone had any new info. Thanks
Wood

tnaz

Hello TheYellowDart and welcome to the forum.  I'm of no help on the info side but sure like the pictures posted of the builds.

Good luck,

Terry

WmFritz

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. There's a few of us that went off that kit or similar ones. I have nothing more to add that wasn't covered in that thread. I built mine 4 or 5 years ago and no issues other then now I want bigger, more powerful and all automation.  :)

Where are you going to see the mill?  Mines sitting pretty far north, but your welcome to see it.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

scrout

These look to be exact copies of the Linn Lumber sawmill.  LL has a slick hydraulic tensioner used in his kits, cant tell what "accutorque" means., a bolt?  The rest of the design is robust and works well, Gary did a good job.

TheYellowDart

Quote from: WmFritz on July 15, 2016, 12:42:03 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum. There's a few of us that went off that kit or similar ones. I have nothing more to add that wasn't covered in that thread. I built mine 4 or 5 years ago and no issues other then now I want bigger, more powerful and all automation.  :)

Where are you going to see the mill?  Mines sitting pretty far north, but your welcome to see it.

It's up by the top knuckle on the pinky.  Manistee/Ludington area.  Is yours around St Charles?  I wouldn't mind taking a peak at yours if it works for ya.
Wood

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, TheYellowDart.  Keep us posted about your sawmill adventure.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Quote from: TheYellowDart on July 15, 2016, 03:15:58 PM
Quote from: WmFritz on July 15, 2016, 12:42:03 PM

It's up by the top knuckle on the pinky.  Manistee/Ludington area.  Is yours around St Charles?  I wouldn't mind taking a peak at yours if it works for ya.

I haven't been on my computer since Friday afternoon and just saw this. No, my mill is up by Wolverine...DanG near to the bridge.  It's got an Oak log sitting on it waiting to get sawn too.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

TheYellowDart

I went and checked it out. 1900 for everything except structural steel. That includes an 18hp Honda clone.  Looked like a pretty good set up. I'll probably end up going this direction, I want to look at a few other options first though. This may become my winter project.
Wood

Thank You Sponsors!