iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Building a new home, returning to the farm.

Started by SwampDonkey, January 11, 2018, 12:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I am amazed at how fast this house has gone up!
Great stuff.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

SwampDonkey

Yes indeed. And the boss of the crew is here every day with the rest of'm. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

This has to be an exciting time for you.  Me, I'm just following along, admiring, and sorta remembering my Cabin Addition days.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Loom studio space and almost finished sheet rock on second floor. :)

L corner with 7' wide corridor to closet and shelving area. Still some sheet rocking to do around the closet, and some cutting around the door. The dark line in the ceiling will be where a man hole will be cut out. We will access the attic to blow in insulation from there.

Still have to install the pot lights in the long slopes. Those will swivel to any angle. Space left open there to get up there to finish the wiring to them. Not a big job there, just need to cut holes and wire them, the line is already run to them and the switch. There will be 6.

That window is 6' x 8'. The room itself is 32' long and 16' deep plus the L corner.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Leigh Family Farm

Wow! Your house is awesome. I really appreciate the pictures and descriptions. All of the bedrooms are on the first floor? Are any in the basement? 
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

SwampDonkey

One on the first floor, one on the second floor. You can see the door way to the upstairs bedroom next to the stair well. :)

No rooms in the basement, it will not be finished down there, other than the wooden walls with sheet rock. I will have a wood furnace there, a wood room, utility room and storage areas. There are petitions for the wood area, but not closed in, other than strapped. I want air flow. :)

samandothers

Is there code for fire protection requiring sheet rock behind a wood wall?

SwampDonkey

2" clearance I believe between insulated chimney and combustibles.

SwampDonkey

They will be crack filling, starting on Tuesday, is the plan, and by the weekend painting will possibly begin. The painter said he likes to paint for my contractor. 

Ron Scott

~Ron

SwampDonkey

We have been crack filling this week. More yet to do, but they will let it set a day to dry good. This was in three days, upstairs and down.

Also, I bought my paint today. That is an expensive little pile of 22 gallons. But, it is the best to. ;D

SwampDonkey

Basement floor is done, polished and cut this week as well. And we poured the foundations for the garage and shop this week. 8)

GRANITEstateMP

My Dad paints interiors, I have know idea how he can do that all day without going mad!  He is a big fan of the Ben Moore stuff, said the same thing, expensive but real good.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Leigh Family Farm

Looks great! Why do you cut the cement floors? 
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

SwampDonkey

They do same on garage floors, in case you get a crack in it, you can contain it and repair it. I've seen garages have cuts every 3 feet across.

SwampDonkey

Painting. We should be tidied up by Tuesday with the paint, we have the stairway and the living room area to prime, but all the walls and closets are primed and one coat of color except the kitchen area. Loom studio and bedroom in photos. Got the cedar decking on the entry porch. Sided the south end of the house and main porch and covered the porch ceilings. Working on screens and railing on entry porch next and screen door. Framed in basement stairs and firewood room.

Ceder decking

Main Porch

Painting

samandothers

Man, I am not a painter and glad others can do it!  It looks great.
Is the porch ceiling vinyl, how wide?

SwampDonkey

Main porch is 8' and entry porch with cedar decking is 4'. I believe the panels are 12" wide.

samandothers

SwampDonkey

I sure like the painters and that paint is really great. Nice even job. The crack fillers were excellent to. :)

SwampDonkey

Fixtures and switches are almost all done, tomorrow will be wiring up the breaker panel.

Insulation for first and second floor ceiling just arrived this afternoon along with the hardwood (maple) flooring for up stairs and the 3/8" sub-floor for the first floor vinyl flooring install. Rented the blower to install the insulation. :)

Happy trails. smiley_horserider

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Autocar

Very nice looks like your doing it up right !
Bill

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Magicman on August 14, 2018, 06:59:50 PM
That Maple is some purdy stuff.  8)
Maple is running $8 a square foot, got it for $5. Pricier than red oak. At $5 it is cheaper than vinyl because vinyl needs 3/8" underlay at $4 a square foot. ;)

SwampDonkey

Conduit run to house, garage and shop. Back filled garage and shop and dug water line from well.

Garage

Shop

Thank You Sponsors!