iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is the best diesel injector cleaner.

Started by Kbeitz, November 26, 2017, 06:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy88

Do you have the pressure specs for the injectors and have you checked any of them yet?     

Runningalucas

Hopefully, I don't step on any toes, but I also frequent a truck forum.  Recently while reading their technical articles, I came across a fuel additive showdown thread.  I've been using mystery oil additive, and was shocked how far down the list it was. 

http://www.oilburners.net/threads/fuel-additives-which-ones-are-best.33429/
QuoteCONCLUSIONS:

Products 1 through 4 were able to improve the unadditized fuel to an HFRR score of 460 or better. This meets the most strict requirements requested by the Engine Manufacturers Association.
Products 1 through 9 were able to improve the unadditized fuel to an HFRR score of 520 or better, meeting the U.S. diesel fuel requirements for maximum wear scar in a commercially available diesel fuel.
Products 16 through 19 were found to cause the fuel/additive blend to perform worse than the baseline fuel. The cause for this is speculative. This is not unprecedented in HFRR testing and can be caused by alcohol or other components in the additives. Further investigation into the possibilities behind these poor results will investigated.
Any additive testing within +/- 20 microns of the baseline fuel could be considered to have no significant change. The repeatability of this test allows for a +/- 20 micron variability to be considered insignificant.

CREDITS:

This study would not have been possible without the participation of all companies involved and dieselplace.com. A special Thank You to all of the dieselplace.com members who generously donated toward this study and waited longer than they should have for the results. You folks are the best. Arlen Spicer, organizer.
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

Randy88

Runningalucas, thanks for posting the study test results, I've seen several similar tests done over the years and all were similar in results.     What I'd like to see and if you can find it, please post it, where those products that are so popular that contain alcohol that are used for the purpose of drying out moisture or encapsulating the moisture to get it to flow through the filters and pump to get it to burn, and what the water does to the system.     

Then a study, where you dump in multiple products, at multiple rates, because almost all diesel is treated with an additive before it reaches its final destination or end user now, then the end user dumps in his or her favorite additive at their own rate in as well. 

Thank You Sponsors!