iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DRUG -ranexa

Started by ely, July 07, 2011, 05:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

has anyone here had any experience with the drug ranexa. i went in for a dr visit and he has given me some of it to try out.
as i understand the drug is similar to nitro pills and used to treat angina. its just supposed to not give you the headaches associated with the nitro.

i had never taken the nitro pills although i have carried them for several years JIC.
i started the renexa last nite and i take two pills per day 500 mg each.
worked in the heat today and seemed to go a little easier, could be my imagination, as one day is too soon to tell IMO.

interested in your responses.

ely

42 views and no responses..... i cant believe im the only monkey on FF thats taking this stuff. :D

Raider Bill

Any Constipation; dizziness; headache; nausea.   Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); blood in the urine; blurred vision; change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain; confusion; decreased sense of touch; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; numbness, burning, prickling, or tingling of the skin; severe or persistent dizziness or weakness; shortness of breath; swelling of the hands or feet; tremor; unusual bruising or bleeding.ardiac Disorders – bradycardia, palpitations, Ear and Labyrinth Disorders – tinnitus, vertigo, Gastrointestinal Disorders – abdominal pain, dry mouth, vomiting, peripheral edema,Respiratory, Thoracic, and Mediastinal Disorders – dyspnea, Vascular Disorders – hypotension, orthostatic hypotension,  angioedema, renal failure, eosinophilia, blurred vision, confusional state, hematuria, hypoesthesia, paresthesia, tremor, pulmonary fibrosis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, and pancytopenia?

No? well looks good then.... ;D

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Burlkraft

I take Nitro ...(when needed) and the headaches are bad. My last stint in the hospital they had me on a nitro drip.
I don't ever want to have that again. I'd a liked to blown my head off!

I have not heard of Ranexa.  You take it twice a day every day? I had not heard about that.
That's a usual list of side effects for most heart meds   ::) ::)

Let me know how it works out for you. Working in the heat is my arch enemy and if it can help that I'm gonna ask my Doc about it!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

doctorb

As the unofficial FF team physician, I have no knowledge about this drug and had not heard of it until posted here.  Sometimes your doctor doesn't know squat!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

ely

well as your forestry forum ginea pig, i am here to tell ya, the stuff seems to be all that and a bag of chips.
what my doc said was take this and try it, he told me of the side effects and so far i have none.
i never took the nitro because they told me about the headaches, doc said this is like nitro without the headaches.

i am taking 500mg twice a day, at 9am and 9 pm. your supposed to keep a level amount in your body all the time. if you read the flyer on the drug it says the average patient was able to walk on a treadmill for 24 seconds longer than a patient without the drug.... i was thinking... is that really worth it.?

i have been on it for a week now, and i am feeling great again, i mean as far as working outside when its 105 degrees, i can actually do something again instead of look for a shade and cold water.

anyhow, you may look into it with your doc. was worth it for me. my doc said he wanted to do a bypass next time my arteries need it, instead of a stent.
personally i think the drug is a bandaid, doc says it allows the viens to flow more blood and deliver the oxygen where the body needs it.

i know for sure when it hits 100 degrees i was looking for a hole to get inside, now i function well in it.

Thank You Sponsors!