iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Corn & Soybean crop maturity & Harvest Progress in your neck of the woods?

Started by HOGFARMER, August 30, 2009, 09:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGFARMER

Here in NEOhio we are behind where we normally are.  The corn is still in the milk stage and the beans are just really starting to fill.  Too many cool days and nights in May, June, and July.  How are things around your part of the country?  We sure don't need an early frost.  Thanks!
Manual LT-30

Faron

Pretty much describes our crop.  I pulled a few ears Saturday, and they were just beginning to dent  a little.  Beans are looking good, but need some time.  We sure don't need an early frost.  All our crops were planted in  June, and the beans in late June.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Don_Papenburg

Ours are late also .  We do need a lot of talk about an early frost from the weather liers  so the CBOT will start to increase the prices.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Kansas

Had a swath of hail go through my corn and several neighbors. It happened after pollination. Small hail, but a whole lot of it.  For the most part, the corn is in pretty good shape, probably down around 22 percent moisture. The guy that puts it in for me is worried though. About every 3rd stalk is brittle, pushes right over, due to the hail damage.  He wants to start trying to combine his own hail damaged corn in about 10 days, even though its going to be wet. Hate to take the moisture dock, but I guess it beats leaving it on the ground.
A few soybeans have started to turn yellow around here.

Dana

First frost and even some ice for a few locations in the northern lower penninsula of Michigan this morning. Above normal temps are reported to be coming in later this week. Corn is behind in developement.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Norm

We are just starting to see the early beans start to turn. The late beans are still growing well and if the aphids hold off as well as a frost they should do well. Corn is looking about as good as I've seen in years but a a couple of weeks back from where it should be.

Prices suck, if they don't recover next year you'll see a bunch of farm loans go sour. Notice the price of corn flakes didn't go down when my corn prices did.

Banjo picker

We don't row crop anymore, but i still look...The beans are still green as ever, but the corn is all but done in north ms and north al...i did see a field near Cherokee that had been combined around the edge a couple of swaths...might have been getting ready for a dove shoot, as the rest of the field is still standing.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

HOGFARMER

Corn was all in by last week of May 101 to 105 day maturity and the beans were all planted by the end of the first week of June.  Crops really look good, but just way behing in maturing.
Manual LT-30

DouginUtah

A friend has a field of corn that is 10'-6" high. Any comments as to why it is so high and does it have any significance? Maybe because the field was fertilized with manure several years ago? Many stalks have three cobs (papa, momma, baby).

(An old wives tale has it that it means a hard winter is coming. I don't think so because adjacent fields are normal height.)
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Gary_C

Quote from: DouginUtah on August 31, 2009, 10:16:46 PM

A friend has a field of corn that is 10'-6" high. Any comments as to why it is so high and does it have any significance?

Genetics is the main determining factor in height but certainly moisture, fertility, and sunlight (Growing Degree Units) will help achieve max height. Tall corn stalks does not always mean higher yields but it does mean more stalks (biomass) will be available or left to deal with after harvest.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SPIKER

North Cent. ohio same as NEOhio good looking plants but not maturing per normal, looks to be 3 weeks behind but just a guess, saw a bunch of contract pickers heading west yesterday on US30.

might ought to invest in the corn & bean futures huh!? ::)

with the late crop and high moistures might be a big jump in winter prices but I'm sure the guys who do that for a living already have driven the price speculation into the winter prices. >:(

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

CLL

Most corn here has done what its going to, but the beans was all put in late and they need all the time they can get, I seen some beans the other day that wasn't knee high and I'm only 5'7", need I say more. Days here in the low 70's and nights in the high 40's to low 50's. All the tomato's have stopped growing and none are getting ripe. Old timer the other day said it was going to be a cold wet winter, lots of snow.
Too much work-not enough pay.

ely

the corn i planted this year is all ready imo. but what do i know. i can tell you for sure we have to go to kansas this friday and pick up a 6 row header for the combine in order for us to harvest anything.

i have two fields seperated by a county road. the only difference in the two is i plowed my side with a 5 bottom plow, about as deep as it would turn.
all the old timers came by and told me i was messing up if i was planting corn.
so i layed off the  5 bottom on the next field. i only used a big 10 ft offset plow, or disc whatever you want to call it.

the corn on my side is twice as tall as the corn on the other side. same fertilizer,chicken litter. only diff. is the plowing.

what you farmers say about that. also when i get the corn combined i am looking to drill it all in wheat to hold the sand until its time to plant again.

Norm

Not knowing your soil type there ely it's almost impossible to say. If it's real sandy then a spring plowing is acceptable. Our soils are heavy so we do the tillage in the fall if possible. There is nobody using a moldboard plow around here, we've all gone to chisels and rippers. That is followed up in the spring with what's called a field cultivator.

The cover crop is a great idea.

jim king

We have no beans but the corn is will be ready by the end of September  .    The corn is planted on the sweet water river banks about the 1st of July during low water time as well as the watermelon and huge cantaloupe up to 2 feet long.  Our growing season is determined not by rain or cold but by the snow melt in the Andes  that  raises the river and then lowers it so we have a crop season of a bit more than 90 days.

The rice crop also is during this time  period .  All planting and harvesting is done by hand with no mechanization.   

ely

my soil is what i call sand. as in old peanut fields and watermelon patches.

Handy Andy

My beans are late planted, and just getting pods made.  Then I have double crop beans planted after wheat, which are still making pods and still some blooms.  Started planting late because sometimes early beans get cooked in August which lots of times we get no rain.  Usually rains first week of September, so late planted can sit and wait. Early make nothing some times, except big plants.  This year the early will probably be better, haven't seen any turning yet, but they are about done. This is Kansas, near I 135 and I 70.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

HOGFARMER

The last week has really helped, weather was ideal warm days and nights.  Corn is now in the late milk stage and about half the fields are well into the dough stage.  If you look you find an ear just starting to dent in these fields.  None of the saybeans around here have started to change colors yet.  Still need some good weather.

How are crops progressing in your part of the country?  Thanks!
Manual LT-30

SwampDonkey

Not much corn grown here this year. The price took such a beating last year that no one grew it much this season. Beans still look green here no yellowing yet. It seems they cut it in October around here. Usually they cut fodder corn this month around here, I assume the same this year because it was wetter last year and it was cut in September. Some other corn was cut in October last year. One year in November, it spoiled, the farmer lost $100,000. I never seen someone try to harvest crops in November before, it's practically winter.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Handy Andy

Early beans are startin to turn yellow.  Last couple days the field close here has gone from just a spot here and there to lots of yellow.  My beans are starting to fill.  The double crops are still putting on pods.  Hope it doesn't freeze  early.  The other thing is the price.  Seems that there are beans everywhere.  Bil planted 800 acres of double crop beans.  Wonder what will happen to the price when the bins start running over?  And the room at the elevators is limited.  They normally pile milo on the ground here, and our coop is working at making room for the beans, but there are beans everywhere and we've had rain in August!
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Kansas

There used to be milo planted everywhere around here. Now, you can barely find a field. Think the roundup ready corn, coupled with better varieties and abundant moisture the last several years have changed things. Wheat has gone the same way. I figure eventually the rain will slow down and they will get back to those crops more.

Norm

The early varieties of beans are really starting to show a lot of yellow. The corn that we planted in late April is denting and the ears are drooping down.

I was wondering how our 3rd cutting of alfalfa would turn out since the 1st cutting was so late. It doesn't look too bad with the nice weather we've been enjoying.

Roxie

The corn and beans here are about a month behind.  You can still see the areas where corn was stunted from excess water, but the ears look healthy.  I would say that this area will have about the same production as last year, just later. 

One sure sign of harvest starting, is Cowboy Bob dragging the no-till grain drill from one Amish farm to the next.  They've started calling this weekend to get on the delivery schedule. 

As far as my garden, this is the first time in my life that the tomato crop was a waste of time.  Just too much moisture. 
Say when

HOGFARMER

Corn around here is moving into maturity.  Some dairy farmers are just starting to chop silage.  Beans except for double crop are coloring up and starting into leaf drop.  How are things in your neck of the woods?
Manual LT-30

Norm

We will start on the early beans Monday or Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to see how the new round-up ready to yield beans do.

The high moisture corn is done and the silage has been chopped. The seed corn harvest is in full swing and the shorter maturity corn will start this week if the rains hold off.

David Freed

A few fields of corn and beans have been harvested around here. Some are just now chopping silage. Maturity is kind of spread out.

Faron

Well, it is shaping up to be a miserable fall.  It was plenty wet before.  It rained all day yesterday, and all night. :( I haven't looked at the gauge yet, but it rained a bunch.  Only a little harvesting done here, and we've done none.  We like to be done by Thanksgiving.  May be lucky to be done by April Fool's day. ::)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Norm

I think we got 2 days of field work done after my previous post then the rains moved in and nothing since then. We have snow in the forecast for this weekend.

ksu_chainsaw

It was raining yesterday, so was glad that the last load of corn off of the home place was already on the truck.  All the corn is out now.  The home place ended up yielding 147 bu/ac, not bad, but not the best it has done either- had several wet spots in there that stunted a lot of growth.  Now if it will ever dry out, the beans could come out too.  All of our neighbors have left the corn in the field and are taking out the beans.

Charles

beenthere

ksu
What was the moisture % in the corn that you harvested?
No corn out around here, nor beans as near as I can tell.
When the beans go, the Asian beetles will become more of a nuisance.  ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

No beans or corn out here, the spuds are not all out yet either, but mostly. Probably need a week. Been wet for 2 weeks. I think one farmer has barely begun to harvest anything, but they are procrastinators, that bunch anyway. Just built a fire on, cold. Well 50 F is cold if there is no fire under ya.   ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ely

i think our figures are very weak here. we totaled 589 bushels of corn on 20 acres. comparetivly speaking a failure at best.
but in the big scope of things for greg, it was a success. my first corn crop ever.

looking forward to next year because i just know i can beat 29.45 bushels an acre. ;)

Don_Papenburg

All of my beans are still soft After the rain on monday washes the snow away from sunday and the ground drys by wednesday I might start some beans on thursday just before the rain on friday .    Corn is still green in some fields . Most is starting to dry.   I would like to get my beans out soon .  I hate combining beans in mud conditions.

Jasperfield

Here in high Appalachia: Things are comin' to an end. We've had high corn despite a wet summer. Apples are about 3/4's of what they should've been. Frost's-a-comin' any time. Despite the ways we've lived; We've been blessed. We deserve less.

Jasperfield

Norm

I rode in the combine last night with my good buddy doing our early beans. Surprisingly they were running 14-15 moisture still. These are the new pioneer round-up ready to yield II beans. On the good soil they would run 70-80bu, on the wet spots much less. I don't have the tally from the elevator yet but my guess is they'll average out at the high 50's to low 60's. We will go to this variety on all of our bean ground next year.

HOGFARMER

I started this thread, so figured I had better chime in with a report from here.  Only corn done is silage is now being chopped.  Most corn still has a good bit of green in it but it is starting to dry.  Beans are not yet dry enough to combine and these constant rains are not helping.  Double crop beans after wheat are going to be a mess.  Most have not even started to color yet.  Hope the prices start to reflect these things.  Have not seen any wheat planted around here yet.  Is there any planted near you?
Manual LT-30

SwampDonkey

We don't plant much wheat around here much anymore, mostly barely and oats. The buyers were pushing it a few years ago, but didn't want to pay much. Even gave dad and other growers awards for their crops. The Ontario Eastern Bakeries bought up all the brand named Atlantic bakeries, so bread is made in Ontario and wheat shipped in by rail on subsidy so they don't want our wheat.  ::) Even Dover, which was one of the buyers don't want it. The whole sour dough deal even caused our grain coop to disperse, but they never had anyone in there that could manage anything. So that didn't help from the get go. I think McCain produce gobbled it up (the facilities) for cheap. The cost of propane to dry it sky rocketed as well, no one could afford to have it dried at the prices they offered. Someone is getting a fat subsidy cheque somewhere, can't tell me no different.

red oaks lumber

only silage is chopped, corn and beans might be screwed, last night 19 deg. with 2 inches of snow, northern wisconsin. last week we got 4 inches of rain, welcome to fall
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Coon

Well.... Up in this neck of the woods harvest has been halted by the weather.  No harvesting has been done in the last ten days. First off it was two inches of rain followed by a week of cold, rainy, gloomy weather.  On the eighth day it started to snow and is still doing so.

The farm I work for has just under 1200 acres of standing wheat and swathed canola left to combine.  Not bad seeing as we started out with just under 13,000 acres to harvest.  All crops are cereal grains and oil seeds (canola).  The binned crop all went up dry.  With the equipment they have the crop just seemed to somehow dissappear.  I wonder how?...

There is also one other combine I don't have a picture of.  It belongs to one of the landowners that my bosses rent from.  He helps out with his combine every fall.  The combine is a New Holland CR940. They also have 3 semi units with trailers for the hauling end of things...

As for the remaining crop to be harvested we are not sure whether we will be able to harvest it now or in the spring.  The days are getting so short and the temps are way down...   ::)   :-\

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Don_Papenburg

Just checked some corn today it was over 31% , beans still rubbery

Faron

3 1/2 inches rain last week.  I was surprised yesterday.  I walked a couple bean fields, and had the beans been ready, the ground was solid enough to run on.  That is a side benefit of no-tilling.  I am going to check some corn today for moisture.  There is rain in the forecast for mid week, though. ::)

ksu_chainsaw

Our corn ran from 14.2 to 15% moisture, no drying needed-  8)  The neighbors were out in force last night- running 4 new John Deeres and 2 Cat's on tracks. That 160 acre patch they were working on was done in short order.  While I was outside working on the house, counted the semi's going by and there were at least 10 trips out of there- they were all sitting on the edge of the field this morning on the way to work- 8 semis, and 4 1500 bu grain carts.  Everything was tarped, combines included, and they all looked brim full.  Looked like a good harvest for them.  The other neighbors are still plugging away on their beans- 2 older farmers, they got the good bottom ground out, now they are just working on the hill ground, which doesnt hold the water good, they spend more time out there with the tractor and blade fixing ditches than they do in the combine

Hopefully our beans come out here soon- we just had a good killing freeze so everything should dry out quick.

Charles

HOGFARMER

Here in NE Ohio all we seem to be getting is cold weather and rain and more rain.  If the rain would stop for a couple of days we could at least get started on beans.  Corn is drying down quite slowly.  They say it will warn up next week and hopefully dry out some.  Hope you all are having better luck than we are.
Manual LT-30

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Kansas

The first half of October in Kansas was the coldest on record, by far. The second half doesn't look much better. About half or a little better got harvested earlier, with little harvesting the last week. Not a lot of rain, just a lot of drizzle, cloudy, cold and damp.
I just looked at the National Weather Service 6-10, and 8-14 day forecasts. For those over in the Indiana to Ohio area, it looks pretty bad, for anything that hasn't matured yet.

SwampDonkey

Still another week to ten days to harvest spuds. The corn and beans ain't even touched yet. We have not had any rain all week, just hard frost in the mornings so can't get going until 10:00 am. Your right about it being a cold October, the last few falls was like an extension of summer. It's not unusual, but we just got too used to good warm falls. :D

HOGFARMER

I finished the saybeans today and will now get ready to do corn.  Bean yields were not bad but not great either, must of been due to a cool cloudy wet summer.  Some around here are having problems getting the corn to dry down.  How is it going in your neck of the woods?
Manual LT-30

Faron

With any luck we might finish beans this week.  We've been running 2 combines in beans as much as possible.  Last year we bought a Gleaner R42, junked the old F2, and figured on selling the 4WD F3.  We never got the F3 sold, so we got it out the other day and are using it.  I think maybe we will just keep it.  We are about one third done with corn.  Yield is ok, but moisture won't get below 27%. ::)  We haven't used our dryer for several years.  We have got it drying like it ought to, after a little adjustment.  That engine off the junked out F2 is now mounted on a trailer and geared down to 540 rpm through a couple of pulleys and shafts.  It powers the dryer, so we have enough tractors to run augers and grain carts.
We have been no till for several years, and run 4WD combines, so wet soil hasn't been a problem for us.   Looks like we might get this messed up year behind us with minimal damage.

Coon

Well, harvest is back in full swing again.  Actually it is in Mexican Overdrive.  ;D  :D  We combined 480 acres of canola today which takes us down to 320 acres of canola and around 500 acres of wheat left for the year.  This should take us three days or so to complete.  It really helps having four big combines going.  Had three JD 9770 STS's and one New Holland CR940 going.  ;D

Brad.

SwampDonkey

It has not rained for quite a few days, but they say corn is still too wet here.

Norm

We finished up harvest on Saturday! 8) 8)

My buddy who combines for us had me running carts for him but I'm so slow he made me run his new combine. Patty rode with me and we finished up at 3:30PM that afternoon.

Yields were good but everything is wet so we got dinged hard on the soybeans and the corn averaged around mid 20's moisture. We had some bottom ground corn that went over 300bu in spots but we averaged 225bu dry yield on all of our corn ground. Beans were around the low 60's averaged on the 2 fields we had them in.

Next is trying to get some fall tillage in.

This is the first time I've ever used a big 4 wheel drive articulated tractor. It has tons of power and traction but the ride is kind of rough. The 16' chisel does make it go pretty fast though.

Later on that day I had my  best farm hand come out to check out Grandpa's new toy.

The weather is supposed to be nice the rest of the week so hopefully they'll have the dry fertilizer spread so I can finish up chiseling.

fishpharmer

300 bu corn is awesome.  Glad you got it done.  That big JD looks like a handy tool to have for that big chisel.  How many HP?

Bet the little farm likes the big JD as much as you. ;)

Are you putting dry fertilizer out for wheat?

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Norm

The JD is 300HP, it's an 86 model that you can buy pretty cheap because they were know for a weak engine.

We don't do winter wheat here, some have tried it with a soybean rotation but most have given it up.

Ayden loves tractors but when he saw this one his eyes got big and he didn't say one word the whole ride.  :D

nas

Quote from: Norm on November 10, 2009, 01:15:06 PM
Ayden loves tractors but when he saw this one his eyes got big and he didn't say one word the whole ride.  :D
You know their impressed when.... :-X :o 8)
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Coon

Is the tractor an 8650 by chance?  If so that 16 foot chisel plow is pretty small for that tractor unless you are working the ground pretty deep.  Those tractors seem to run alot better if you work them fairly hard but still not over doing it at the same time. 

We should be finished harvesting by mid afternoon tomorrow, as we only have around two hundred acres of wheat left.  We very well could have still been copmbining at this very minute but within a couple of hours we would have been caught up to the swathers.  We have to swath this wheat, that we normally would have straight cut, due to the snow and rain knocking it down to about six inches off the ground. 

Will get some pics of the harvesting tomorow.

Brad.

Norm

Brad it is an 8650 and you're right the chisel is undersized but it's paid for so that's what we use. On the plus side the JD barely grunts and the chisel does go down nice and deep.

Looking forward to your harvest pictures.

Ed

Beans are dissapearing real quick around me. The couple guys I've spoken to were getting mid 50's for yeild. Moisture was up a little, but nobody is waiting around for it to get better, most are way behind.
The farmer across the road moved in about 5:30 last night, by 10:00 the 90 acres was close to being history. He had 2 Deeres with 30' headers.
Corn is another story....in our fields the ears have dropped but the corn hasn't even gotten hard yet. You can still smash the kernels between your fingers.  :( No idea when it'll be dry enough to harvest.

Ed

Magicman

We have thousands of acres of soybeans and cotton in our Northern counties that will not be harvested due to flooded fields.  The yield was low anyway due to the dry weather this Summer.  Talk about backwards.....
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don_Papenburg

Finished soybeans two weeks ago .  Best yeild I got was 54bu/a with Liberty link beans .  My ground tends to yeild on the lower side.  and it would make that 8650 grunt with the 16' chisel.   I have an 8430 just rebuilt the motor last year it is kicking out about 220 hp . That makes the fall work go  a bit faster.
We have started corn our driest so far has been  26.5 %  The elevator has been closing at about noon so the dryer can cacth up.  We have about a quarter of the corn out.
Normal year we are done with field workby  two weeks ago.

Coon

We finished harvesting today at aout 5 pm.  8)  8)   The wheat came off tough but it is binned and ready to go to the drier.  It was testing 17.5%.  We were in a very scenic area today to top it all off too.  ;D  Some pics to prove it too.   ;)

Brad.

Norm

Thanks for the pics Brad. That looks similar to how we do oats but on a much bigger scale. What size combines are you running?

Faron

I hope to finish beans today.  One field we finished yesterday looked like we might be able to lay tile when we finish with corn.  It has an old system on 60'.  We are going to install a second shallower system on 40'.

stonebroke

Coon

Those combines in the pictures are JD 9770 STS's with the Bullet Rotors. We have three of them and a friend was out with his New Holland CR940.  I never managed to get any pics of the New Holland as it always seemed to be at the other end of the field when I had the camera out.  Those JD combines now go back to the dealer as we traded them in on three brand new ones. Normally don't trade them in with this few of hours but getting a really good deal on new ones.

The swathers normally help to dry out the crop before combining except in this case.  Normally we straight cut all the wheat but this stuff was all flattened to the ground by snow and rain.  It will definately be a harvest to remember as normally there is no harvesting being done in November due to snow.  We had 41 days of bad weather and had not combined sive September 30th.

Brad.

Gary_C

What do you do with all that straw? Looks like pretty heavy windrows to just till into the ground.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Coon

Well there wasn't much straw left after we were through.  :D  Straw was pretty much rotten after it had been wet for so long.  The staw choppers on the combine cut it up pretty fine.  In any instances where there is too much straw we simply heavy harrow on a warm and windy day before seeding.  It usually busts up pretty good.  We seed everything down for the most part with zero till.  There are some cases where we pre till if the land is rutted and rough.  On 13,000 acres we usually end up pre tilling about a 1,000 acres at the most.

Brad.

trapper

I have 40 acres i rent to the neighbor.  he harvested the beans last week and the corn today.
he estimated 140 bushel per acre on the corn.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

fishpharmer

I travelled through NE Mississippi on Friday morning.  Around 11:00 am there were lots of combines running in rutted bean fields.  Its still wet.  As a matter of fact, resevoirs on the west side of the state aren't releasing any more water
than they must until Delta crops are harvested.  There's gonna be some flooding when they do.

Thank You Sponsors!