iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best mill upgrade

Started by captain_crunch, April 28, 2011, 01:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

Built a set of forks to fit inside Ford 2910 bucket best addition to mill yet I can pick up a 30"X 16 ft log and stay in seat 8) 8) got pics but no matter how much Jeff tryes to help Java hates me ::) ::) Putercrashed so I lost old windows pic editer But pin in forks are neetest thing since Color TV
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

taylorsmissbeehaven

I built a set for my tractor a few months ago. Wish I had done it a few years ago! Congratulations on great mod. If its any consolation I have  had no success with pics either. Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

laffs

i bought a set for my 34 hp kubota and dont like them, i think they are to far forward, or not enough weight in the rear, also the 34 hp doesnt have the umph in the hydraulics. my best mill upgrade was this week i made a thumb for my mini excavator it works great, to bad its crude, i didnt expect it to work so good.  now il have to rebuild some of it with better grade material. im picking up 14' pine and hemlock in the 16" to 20" range and loading my brow in minutes, compared to wraping a chain around the log with the hopes to have center on the first try. best thing i have so far
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

tyb525

It made a huge difference when I got forks for my tractor.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

captain_crunch

Ford 2910 will easly handle a 20"X18 ft log but this is doug fir 30"X8 ft green oak was not an issue. After useing end hooks and tongs my home built forks are neet will keep trying for pics. My biggest issue was makeing them easly removable so mine fit inside bucket and at present are held with chain and binder till I get ears built on bucket
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

captain_crunch

After a bunch of trial and error here may be a pic of my forks

Magicman

Looks good from here and they obviously work.   ;)  Why don't you just email or fax me a set.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

captain_crunch

Magicman
Ifn I had your fax # I would send you a set ::) ::) Wish we were closer cause I would gladly help you build a set
Brian

bandmiller2

Good job on those Brian,for years before I got regular forks for my loader used "tusks" on the corner of the bucket.They were pieces of 4" HD angle iron on the bucket corners.The upright was torch cut with a ramp and hollow to hold round logs A cleat hooked over the cutting edge and one bolt on back,easy on and off. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

Like that blue. Good job on the forks,anything to make life easier.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

laffs

this was my latest up grade it works great the log is eastern hemlock 13"x 16' the one under it is 24"x 16' thats pushing its limits. it will pick it up but it also wants to tip the machine over. it beats wrapping a chain around the bucket and log. 

timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

Thank You Sponsors!