iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for reputable Logger in Florida Panhandle

Started by Britt1832, January 29, 2019, 12:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britt1832

I have timberland that was destroyed by the hurricane.  I've been getting a few calls about clear cutting it.  I know it needs to be clear cut.  Just wondering which companies are trusted names around Marianna/Cottondale Florida areas.  Thanks for input.   

mike_belben

My mother is down there, and from her description, it could be quite a wait on any contractor.  I guess theyre all covered up.
Praise The Lord

sealark37

You will be money ahead to hire a certified forester to work for you.  He/she can give you an accurate estimate of the value of your timber, and recommend loggers to request bids to sell.  You can find a forester by searching the internet for "Florida Certified Foresters".    Regards, Clark

kiko

Storm wood is hard to harvest and hard to sell.  Some mills won't take it, especially if rotation damage occurred. Often the dealer will not pay for the wood.  Pine will turn blue and not be commercially valuable even if fine structurally.   I am not trying to just be negative and my experience is with tornado damaged wood and may way off base in your situation.

Thank You Sponsors!