iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mail; outlook upgrade downgraded !!!!!

Started by isawlogs, October 15, 2009, 08:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Outlook upgraded or did some stoopid thing last night while I was in/on/beside/over my pillow ....  I have lost/can't find any of my stored emails , and my adress book is empty.

When I opened my emails , I new something was up as the icon had been changed and when it did open it was on a previous acompt that ( netscape ) that I have changed for xplornet some time ago .  :-\ 

Is there any gourou that can help me get my  things back , like my stored messages and my contact list ... they've all gone somewheres and I aint able to find um .......

HALP  !!!!!!  Computer challenged at best ....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ibseeker

Aren't computer upgrades just great? I just upgraded to Office 2007 and I can't tell you how thrilled I am now that everything's changed. I can't tell you because I ain't the least bit thrilled.

I'm no guru but try looking for a .pst file, that's where I found my contact list.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

bedway

Puters can be so much fun, especially for those of us who dont know squat about them :(. I know two people who in the last couple days have had a window open up that says windows has detected a virus on your computer and do you want it removed? If you click yes your puter crashes and wont run,,,,,,be careful for this!

IMERC

I see windoze 7 is already being upgraded and security patches installed/issued for something that isn't officially out yet... ...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

isawlogs

I have found them ... had to get them from an another versun of outlook ... youd think that it would of done a simple task as to bring in the contacts as they do the up grade ...  ::) 

Sometimes these danfangle machines really scare me ...  :-\   As smart as they apear to be ... they can be reall dumb at times .  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sawdust

A computer astute friend went out and bought a PC. Stripped everything out and bought and installed the latest Mac OS. I am told this is becoming more common. I always thought the two were totally incompatible. It is called a Hackintosh.
dc
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

SwampDonkey

They are one in the same now as Apple jumped from the PPC architecture onto Intel. I did not know that Apple sold MacOS on non licensed machines though.   A company called Pystar is currently being sued over the license agreement because they have clone Macs they are selling with MacOS pre-installed.

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/10/14/psystar-apple-file-motions-for-summary-judgment
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

For those that are computer litarite this might seam like nothing, but to me it was an ordeal , I had lost all my contacts. All emails that where stored in my inbox and all those that where in files wich I have not gotten aroiund touit yet. If they are to clean house like this, why can't they move the fridge and stove with the rest of the house.

Marcel

Raider Bill

Quote from: isawlogs on October 16, 2009, 08:10:43 AM

For those that are computer litarite this might seam like nothing, but to me it was an ordeal , I had lost all my contacts. All emails that where stored in my inbox and all those that where in files wich I have not gotten aroiund touit yet. If they are to clean house like this, why can't they move the fridge and stove with the rest of the house.
I understand completely
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!