iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics of Da Solar Lumber Sauna

Started by chet, July 13, 2003, 07:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Carl_B was making me feel a little gilty for not postin' pics of my lumber sauna.   :(   Well I got off my butt and took a couple photos.        

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

DanG

Well, by DanGy DoGGitt, ya do got a board oven!  I can't believe ya did all that without showin' us the progress. ???
So, do ya got any bodes cookin' in there?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

CHARLIE

Nice job Chet!  How come it's built off the ground? Is that so the dog has a place to sleep? ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Fla._Deadheader

All right, Chet. Sheesh, some guys ya gotta pry the info out of ;D How about some pitikilers on how ya run it and how long and, and ??? ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

chet

The reason it's off the ground charlie, is cause the ground is sloped. It was easier and quicker to put it on treated posts then to level the area.  ;D
The last load I dried was 1400' of 8/4 basswood for greentreating.  I put it in green off the saw, and had it down to 12 percent in 4 weeks. The presant load is 4/4 aspen for paneling.
I realy don't know what daytime temps I am achiving because all three themometers I have used have bottomed out and broken.  :o
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

biziedizie

Chet can ya open the door so we can take a look around? (pics please!)
   Don't worry we won't stay very long :D Well maybe I will as I really like a good sauna every once in awhil, 8)

Charlie me thinks the sauna is off the ground on the end to keep it level ;) See how the land slopes. ;D

Steve

OneWithWood

Chet,

Nice looking kiln!

Are you able to use it year 'round or just during your two months of summer?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Mark M

Hi Chet

Dat's a really nice looking sauna you got there. What did you use for da picture window? How big is it?

Mark

Bigdogpc

Good looking kiln!  Got any inside pics?  

chet

I tried to take some inside pics, but everything inside is painted black. The pics came out looking like I took a picture of the interior of a closet with the lights out and the door closed.   ???

biziedizie

Chet........try a flash.... :D ;D ;)

Steve

EZ

Hi Chet,
Nice job on the kiln, did you put in top vents. I'm building my kiln this week, should be good to go by the week end.
EZ

chet

Yup it does have top vents, they are just hiding under the roof overhang.  ;)

I tried the flash thingy in the kiln, but with everything painted black ya still can not distinguish anything.  :(  

whitepe

Cool Chet...  or should I say hot...
I guess I need to go on vacation in the U.P. more
often to catch up on FF posts.  
What are the dimensions of the "sauna"   8)
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Thank You Sponsors!