iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Im looking in Wisconsin or Northern Illinois.....

Started by montezumasdaddy, January 25, 2007, 10:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montezumasdaddy

For someone that can make me a slab from the center of a log about 16" - 20" wide, 3" thick and about 6' long. I would like some type of hardwood such as maple or something similar. I could even provide my own log for milling since we have a few large maple on our property that blew down this fall. Is there someone out there that could do that and what kind of price would that cost me. Thanks.

Gary_C

Shouldn't cost more than $10 K.  :o

Tell us where you live. 
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

montezumasdaddy

Actually, I'm hoping to use it for a little bar/table coming off a wall at my log cabin. My cabin is about 100 miles north of Green Bay.

Jason_WI

My mill is in Egg Harbor about 60 miles northeast of Green Bay in Door County. I have maple and white ash that would be 20" and wider. I could also get pine that would already be dry. I believe they were 2.5" thick and at least 24" wide. The only thing the concerns me is it will probably split/crack when it dries. Click on my profile for my email address or send me a PM if interested.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

chet

100 miles north of Green Bay could put you pretty DanG close ta me. I could fix ya up quite easily. :)  Where exactly is da cabin?
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

WkndCutter

100 miles north of Green Bay is Niagara Wisconsin.  Thats where I'm from originally.  Bmail me and I can give you the name of a WM owner in town.

Andy

Norwiscutter

Take a look at the Find a sawmill section, there are some of us around up here that could take care of your needs. What you are talking about is a very complicated and difficult cut pattern. You need a very experienced sawyer.   ::) Tell who ever you hire where you are from, most poeple up here have pricing "specials" for our good friends from down south.  :)
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Thank You Sponsors!