iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new client and Quarry update

Started by teakwood, February 27, 2023, 07:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativewolf

I just see lots of flat ground for buildings ffcheesy .  

Congrats Ramon, having them come back so quickly will really change your economic situation and for that I am very very happy for you.  You'll have to strip some more overburden I guess and mill the new harvest area.  Did you sell the topsoil last time?

I kid you not that you'll need more space though because you've made an amateur mistake in making your new building just the right size for today.  There's always tomorrow!  
Liking Walnut

doc henderson

unless the Teak buy is a onetime deal.  Ramon the lumber broker.  you have to sell it without it landing in your yard!   ffsmiley :thumbsup:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Nebraska

That all looks so good. Thanks for sharing. 

teakwood

Quote from: Magicman on Yesterday at 07:24:30 AMI am assuming that they are taking manageable layers so after it is taken down to the level where the crusher is, will they begin another layer deeper.  I suppose that I am wondering how deep your recoverable stone goes.  Maybe to China?  :thumbsup:
Yes, i have a extracting plan which was accepted from the mining ministry, so more or less i need to follow some rules and guide lines. One thing they are complaining is the first wall (the bottom hole, where the crusher is), is way too high and vertical so i need to cut another terrace. We will do all that but last year was very hectic and they needed to full fill orders. this year i will make more use of the D9 dozer (as it is payed from this firm and doesn't cost me a dime) and organize the quarry a little better. make more room, strip more overburden and make more terraces.

I did a extend of my original permit and could expand my estimated extraction volume from 1.2million m3 to about 1.6million m3. this extension costed me about 6k $ because we needed to do more studies. so now i got an extra 20m from the quarry floor down, where the good material is. we needed to prove that there is no water there because it's forbidden in CR to cut into the water lines. Also no deep hole quarries are allowed, or under ground mining. only open pit from the quarry floor up, down is not permitted.

the extension was expensive but i did it for 2 reasons: my annual extraction quota got bigger and i have a extra selling point if i ever sell the quarry.

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Magicman

Thank you for the explanation.  Yours is something that I will never be associated with but your venture and business is a very interesting read.  I admire your successes and look forward to your future.  :thumbsup:

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

teakwood

Quote from: nativewolf on Yesterday at 08:55:19 AMI just see lots of flat ground for buildings ffcheesy

Congrats Ramon, having them come back so quickly will really change your economic situation and for that I am very very happy for you.  You'll have to strip some more overburden I guess and mill the new harvest area.  Did you sell the topsoil last time?

I kid you not that you'll need more space though because you've made an amateur mistake in making your new building just the right size for today.  There's always tomorrow! 
Thanks Wyatt, yes, strip more overburden and mill some more trees from the clear cut. i sold very little overburden last year, the overburden is a real problem. the took some samples last week and are hopping to use 5000m3 of overburden mixed with rocks for some applications which require less quality. they will pay me less but it's kinda two birds with one stone situation, it will serve me well. hopping the lab will accept it.

you really underestimate me! i didn't made a amateur mistake, the new building is exactly right for this lumber buy (which was a one time deal). next year i extend the building and will double the space which i currently no need for.

teakwood

Quote from: doc henderson on Yesterday at 10:29:39 AMunless the Teak buy is a onetime deal.  Ramon the lumber broker.  you have to sell it without it landing in your yard!  ffsmiley :thumbsup:
It was a one time deal. I think of me as a not so dumb guy, so i rather unload the lumber at my place, select into different qualities, plan or mould the lumber and resell it at a 200-300% profit, lol

There was a older gentlemen driving into the sawmill with a expensive car about a month ago, with a chauffer/ assistant. "I'm a wholesale wood buyer, how much for the whole lumber storage!?" I thought it for 5 seconds and didn't even give him a price. told him: i don't sale wholesale. I knew exactly what he wanted and he knew exactly that he would not achieve anything with this guy so he left. 

Thank You Sponsors!