iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Introduction

Started by JaxSawyer, January 19, 2009, 12:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaxSawyer

Just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself.

I've always been fascinated with the stuff discussed here and I've recently been able to get somewhat involved. So as not to misrepresent myself as some uber-experienced master here's a little info about me.

I've been using saws to some degree for about 10 years. I'm city-bound, though, and don't have any property I can get timber from. Most of what I do is simple bucking/limbing after storms and putting away firewood from tree sections people put on the side of the road.

I love to hike and I'm a member of the Florida Trail Association. Parts of the north Florida section go through national forests and the USFS requires anybody doing chainsaw work in such a location to be certified. So I'm a certified sawyer (class B). In addition to helping with trail maintenance I'll probably assist my church if there's any tree work that has to be done on our recreation campus. It's about 20 acres.

So there you go. I guess I'd be a serious lightweight compared to most here, but I look forward to contributing when I can. Other interests include photography, amateur radio, and firearms.

bedway

Welcome aboard JaxSawyer. This is a good group of people with lots of experience and always willing to give someone a hand.    Bedway

beenthere

Welcome JaxSawyer
Look forward to your ideas, questions, and discussion. Pull up a stump and feel at home with us.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bmill

Welcome. A good bunch of folks here.
1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 - 34 - 55 - 89 - 144 - 233 - 377 - 610 - 987 - 1597 - 2584    Kubota L3400, Loader, Backhoe, 3 point tiller, Stihl MS 390, Very hard working wife!

Slabs

Welcome aboard Bubba.  Now poke a pin in the map and git yer personals posted so we can relate to ya'.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Haytrader

Great introduction.
Welome to a good place to throw yer hat.

;)
Haytrader

fishpharmer

Welcome Jaxsawyer from another newbie.

I am probably not qualified to say this.   But, if you don't be careful you will find yourself spending hours on end here learning about things you didn't really know existed.  Volumes could be written that wouldn't compare to the information available here.

Can a Newbie say  that? 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

Quote from: fishpharmer on January 20, 2009, 06:42:49 AM
Welcome Jaxsawyer from another newbie.

I am probably not qualified to say this.   But, if you don't be careful you will find yourself spending hours on end here learning about things you didn't really know existed.  Volumes could be written that wouldn't compare to the information available here.

Can a Newbie say  that? 8)

Didn't get you taken to da woodshed yet... ;D ;D ;D

...well said, and spoken like a seasoned pro   :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JaxSawyer

Slabs, my pin has been poked.  ;)

Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully you guys will help me whittle away my time at work. It's so painfully slow now that 8 hours drag on like a lifetime.  ;D

isawlogs

Welcome aboard JaxSawyer , where and what is work ....  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!