iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timbco 425 bar saw head trouble

Started by qsloggingil, March 10, 2015, 10:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qsloggingil

Just bought the machine and when u start to cut into the tree it quits and have to keep hitting the button and sometimes won't cut at all. What could be my trouble with this thing? Any help would be appreciated!

deastman

Not familiar with that head but is the bar bent any or is the chain dull? The bar pressure could be low but my saw acts like what yours is doing when I hit something and dull the chain.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

BargeMonkey

Without looking at it i cant tell, but i have the same head. Bar bent, bad chain is the first things. Did you file the rakers down and your stalling the chain ? Check that your cylinder for the saw movement isnt bent, or the bolt and iris isnt holding, mine did that. Do you have the books for the head ?

Brleclaire

If your bar is straight and chain is sharp and eye on end of cyl isn't hitting. It's the o-ring inside the block on the head for the saw pressure relief. We had this happen many times. O-ring get old and breaks and lets the oil by pass the saw motor. If looking at block from front of head it the big relief next to the one that controls your bar speed going out if I remember correctly. I can look in book to make sure.

Thank You Sponsors!