iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wiam's homemade

Started by wiam, March 03, 2003, 07:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiam

Here is my mill.  Please comment. Laugh.  Make suggestions.  Ask questions.  Or whatever.

Mark M

What kind of plant is that in the background with the pretty white flowers?  :D :D

dail_h

Let's see==Your mill,your logs,your lumber,NO PAYMENTS     SHOOT,you're way ahead of most of us.Besides a pretty face ain't everything.
   Hoe does it cut? What power? DOit all yourself? Where did you get plans?
           KOOL
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Dave_Fullmer

Wiam,
Did you build that from the Simple Saw Pans?  Looks like it does the job.  Congratulations.

Dave
If it aint Orange (AC that is) it won't run.

Bibbyman

Are the tires on the sawhead and trailer axle interchangeable?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Well, if the lumber there next to yer rig was produced by it and not simply there to block it up if it breaks the first time you saw, I am impressed!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

wiam

Mark,  Hydrangea
dail,  cuts pretty straight,  20hp briggs vertical (it was cheap but I would spend more on a horizontal if I did it again,  twisted belt is a pain in the    )  I did all the cutting on a cheap Harbor Freight bandsaw and all the welding with a small given Craftsman buzzbox. Had a lot of fun building it.  It is based on a set of plans purchased from William Rake
Bibby,  no but then I would always have aspare in either direction wouldn't I? :D :D
Jeff, Yes that lumber was cut with this mill and enough to build a small shed and a few gates for around the farm.

Fla._Deadheader

Wiam, Ya done good!! ;) The lumber laying near it is a testament that you CAN do things, if ya just try. I know, first hand, the satisfaction you got when the first board came off the mill. Only question I got, is, do you have covers that will contain the blade, IF, and WHEN, it comes off. That could be dangerous. Mine are completely covered. Now, when do you figger you will start the next one, with all the things you wish you'd have done different the first time?? :D :D :D  Nice job. ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woodbeard

Wow! a Wiamizer Super Hydrangic!! :D :D :D

RMay

Looks good its nice when a pan comes together  8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Jeff

Guys, I tried to get some good pictures from wiam for us to look at. Its the first time I have EVER seen the opimized photos look BETTER then the originals. We gotta pester him to get a better camera so we can see his handy work!

Fla._Deadheader

Thought my glasses was gettin weak?? ::) ::) :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

QuoteHere is my mill.  Please comment. Laugh.  Make suggestions.  Ask questions.  Or whatever.

This here is the Forestry Forum. We'd never laugh at somebody's mill. Your camera how ever is fair game. :D

wiam

It is a Clever Cam 360.  I bought it at Ames (We don't have Ames them any more). So if you guys want one your on your own. Give me a break it was $19.99.  I have some pics that I will try to get scanned soon.

William

Bibbyman

Maybe you should try building your own digital camera. ::)

I knowed a guy once that thought he could build a laser out of an old TV. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Did he work for Cat and have no trees? :)

biziedizie

I knew a guy that made his very own wooden leg! Worked great and he put a little stain on it to match his skin. The cat used to use it for a scratching post which didn't seem to bother the old guy at all.

Steve

Haytrader

JEFF,  Are you referring to the guy that talks about taking,,,,,er I mean going to the dump?

:D   :D   :D
Haytrader

Vermonter

Looks pretty pro, I thought it looked like someone else built it, but wiam seemed to take offense.  Check the color adjustments on that camera, I suspect the ground is a bit whiter.
New homestead

wiam

Hey Vermonter it's last summer's pic.  Ground is about 3 feet whiter.  No white by mill right now because it is in the barn. :D :D :D

William

ADfields

Who are we picking on in this thread?   I forgot. ???  
Andy

wiam

I'm hoping that everybody gets a turn.

William

Jeff

Wiam, I think the mill is great. There will be no picking on anyone by me. I may poke fun at the camera, but that's all it is, poking fun but I am sure glad you were able to get a picture on here of some kind and hope to see more when you can.

wiam

Hey Jeff,  Don't take me the wrong way.  I can poke fun just as well as I can take it.

William

wiam

Just to clear up on the picking, Vermonter has been a close friend for many years.
William

Thank You Sponsors!