iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thinking again!

Started by biziedizie, March 10, 2003, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biziedizie

Let's see......I went to the job site today and I'm nearly done and I can't wait to take a few days off to get back to the mill. As the days are getting longer I thought I would spent a half hour at the mill to see what I could do.
  I got home and thought about seeing how thin of a slice of of veneer I could cut. Well I cut something very thin and I measured it in American standards and this is what I got for thickness: 17/200th of an inch, is this a measurement that most can understand or did I do something wrong?
  What I was thinking about today was how accurate my mill cut from the start to the end of the log and it's dead perfect at each corner and throughout the rest of the slice.
  Anyways any input would be great!

Steve

Jeff

You should enter ARKANSAWYER's competition. Look for SHOOTOUT thread
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

biziedizie

Jeff I did see that thread as I'm looking through the posts and it's pretty cool what can be done on everyones mills! I really don't know what was going through my head as to why I wanted to do what I did but I think it was a a way of getting rid of some stress. I have a card from Baileys that's made out of wood and it sure does smell nice! Would love to know how to make thoses.

Steve

Thank You Sponsors!