iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Used Peterson

Started by Steve_M, March 03, 2004, 02:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_M

Had a guy offer me his 8" WPF with 24hp Honda.

It was bought new in the summer of 2002 and has cut less than 20,000bf.  I think it has set outside.

Any ideas what this is worth used???

Also what would this same mill be new today??

Not really ready for a swinger altough I could sure use one sometimes, but I hate to pass up a good deal.  
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

Captain

Steve -
DOES IT HAVE....

Standard or Wide Frame?
Hi-Lo Tracks?
Extra Rail Sections?

20,000 BF is a fair amount of lumber.  Probably translates into about 100 hrs (+/- 20, operator dependant) on the mill.  

A standard sized WPF with HI - LO tracks in 2002 was about $12000.  That same mill today is over $16750 retail, cheaper if purchased through a container drop.

The price increase is mostly due to the dollar losing its strength abroad.  However, there have been some significant improvements since 2002 including CE safety certification and better bracing leading to even more rigidity.

That being said, the used mills are holding much of their original purchase price lately. ::)  Hope that helps!!

Captain

Steve_M

Captain

Thanks for the response.

I saw this mill about a year ago and I think it is a Lo Lo track, stadnard width, and no extra rail.

Original purchase price was arond $10,000.

I may go check it out this weekend and see what condition it is in.

Steve
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

Steve_M

I had kind of put this out of my mind, but this mill is still available.  Apparently the owner is about to pick up and move to Virginia and he doesn't want to take it with him.  He approached me yesterday and I went and looket at the mill last night.  It is 8" WPF with 24HP Honda, Lo-Lo tracks, no track extensions, standard frame, cut around 15000bf, extra blade and tips/sharpening equipment and tipping jig.  The track has been outside put the sawhead has bee shedded.  He is asking $7000.  If I were to get it I might have to consider getting rid of the big WM and Edger and adding either a small bandmill or a resaw.  Something to think about over the weekend.

Captain

JUMP ON IT STEVE

That is an awesome price. That is 50% off the new (list) price
If you don't, send the guy to ME!!

Captain

Ianab

Sounds like a good deal.
So long as the motor is good and nothing major is bent or broken you should be sweet.
The rails are alloy so laying outside for a year wont have hurt em at all ;)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!