iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lubricant

Started by Bruser, May 10, 2016, 09:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruser

Hello all Being a new LT15 owner I've been lurking around here for a while,seems like a good bunch of guys with lots of knowledge. My question is sawing lots of SYP i'm getting a lot of resin build up on rollers of saw head is there a good lubricant to eliminate this

bates

For nwp and nrp, 1 cup dawn to 5 gallons water and drips onto the blade.

Magicman

First, Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Bruser.  I use liquid Cascade because it does not make suds when being mixed.

About a glug (2 oz.) per gallon.  There are several "Lube threads" and here is one:  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Adding some pinesol to the lube water too will help. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Bruser!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bruser

Ok thanks for the info on the cascade in the water. How about the rollers on the mast they are building up from the saw dust

Chuck White

I think I'd try some diesel or ATF on a rag or brush on the rollers!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WV Sawmiller

Bruser,

Welcome to the FF. If the Diesel or ATF doesn't remove the sap like you like try WD 40. I got a bunch on my mill a while back and had a gallon of WD 40. Soaked a rag and it, along with plenty of elbow grease, did a pretty good job cutting the sap.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruser

Thanks for the tips

Ox

Kerosene works as good as wd40 for cutting sap and is a bit cheaper when you buy it at the pumps.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Thank You Sponsors!