iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magic Bucks 2015

Started by Magicman, November 24, 2015, 09:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Today was my day.  Pat & I went to the Cabin but she decided to not hunt.  At 5:05 this guy decided to cross the Strawfield.  He was not feeding but traveling through.

Only 6 points, but probably the heaviest antlers that I have ever taken.  17 1/2" inside spread.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations. Nice buck. Shows that a good diet of pecan pie and butter pecan ice cream keeps you alert and helps steady your nerves for a well placed shot.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

He thought it was safe cause I left town! :D

Congrats Lynn. He's a goodun. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

fishfighter

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on January 28, 2016, 11:17:17 PM

:D :D :D Good 1
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Jeff on January 28, 2016, 11:17:17 PM

Congrats Lynn. He's a goodun. :)

Jeff,

Yep, the old boy was so happy to have survived your visit he got careless and forgot the Magic Man was still in the neighborhood.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Pat & I will go back this afternoon, but just as yesterday, expect to see nothing.  As Jeff said, just going is good enough.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

dustyhat

Looks like a good one , very tall ,did you have it scored ?

Magicman

We only saw one this evening but shooting hours ended before anything could happen.  Tomorrow is our last day.

Magicman

I saw three does this morning but no shot.  As luck would have it, a very respectable 8 point stepped out at about 75 yards broadside.  Lucky for him, I shot mine Thursday.  Jeff would absolutely recognize where I was.  Maybe he will pass through the Strawfield this evening.

Today will be our last day to hunt.

Magicman

No deer this evening, but we did get a treat.

Nine hens.

Plus this guy following them.   :)

dustyhat

Looks like he has enough girl friends to stay around awhile :)

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!