iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

518 cat skidder

Started by coxy, November 14, 2018, 04:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

does anyone know if there is a way to release the parking brake brake chamber like you do on a 10 wheeler  I need to try and get out of the woods thanks 

Firewoodjoe

Couldn't u take a air supply tank out there and just hook it direct to the supply line?

kiko

Could you not tote an air tank to it and release the brake the normal way.? Yeah what he said.

coxy

the problem is the air is coming out of the bottom of the air chamber around the rod not letting it get enough air to release the chamber to release the brake 

thecfarm

No place to push something and release the brake? I sure don't know. I remember at the pallet mill,the air line to the rear brakes on a tractor trailer ruptured. Tractor was in the yard,power wheels was on ice and the trailer was in the road on tar. Nothing would move,except for the spinning wheels on ice. Someone stood behind the cab and pressed on something and got the trailer out of the road.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mills

Yep, mine did the same thing the first year I had it. Except it didn't lock up. Had only a five mile move, so I decided to drive it over. Four miles into it I could smell something getting hot, and before I could get it pull over the #!%&* thing caught on fire. The previous owner didn't spend a lot of effort on equipment hygiene, but thank the Good Lord, he thought enough to have a fire extinguisher in it. I couldn't get the brake freed up, and had to take the side cover off to back the pads off. Took a little doing since it's a tough place to get to.  >:(

By the way ... Momma always said to say a little prayer when you feel the need to start cussing. "Makes the job go better." I took more after Daddy.  :D

Good luck. 

Firewoodjoe

Grease? Messy and prolly won't work if it's leaking bad enough. So it must be a spring chamber? Does it have a rubber plug in the back to cage the spring like a semi? Hook the rod with something and pull? Is it only on one end of the drive line? Pull one or both drive shafts? I'm out good luck😁

mike_belben

Just be careful when you get the bright idea to unclamp it!  Have someone hold your beer and record. 
Praise The Lord

coxy

cat guy told me to cut the pin/bracket that comes off the chamber but not the rod coming out of the chamber to release it they told me 1000 bucks for a complete chamber or 65 for a rebuild kit so I got a rebuild kit it should be fun taking that apart I have a 40ton press hope its big enough wish me luck but im not doing anything till after sunday want to at least go hunting on opening weekend  :D when I was 16 and had lots of brains I took a torch and cut the clamp on a old maxi can from the old mans truck well im here to talk about it the worst part was when I got a # 10 boot stuck up my as   and a 4ft fiberglass drive way marker beat me all the way to the front door dear old dad said that wasn't half of the hurt you would have gotten if that spring would have got you  :) 

Firewoodjoe

I wouldn't want to rebuild one. Be carefull

mike_belben

Nothin says i love you son like a front yard switchin.   :D
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!