iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help with Timberjack 350

Started by Stump, January 30, 2019, 11:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump

Hello all
I am new to this forum and a new owner of a 1976 TJ 350-GP with a Detroit 353 and a Clark transmission.  If anyone has a service and parts manual, original or copied, I would be interested in buying them.  I also have a question about the transmission fluid.  I have many machines but never had a torque converter.  I assume that you check the fluid level while the machine is running and warm, correct? The guy I bought it from changed the fluid but when the machine is running the dipstick is dry.  This seems wrong to me which is why I'm asking.  I also need to know what kind or gear oil to run in the differentials, hubs and winch.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian w

I'm not sure on the transmission I would say that it at least needs to be warmed up before checking it. Your differential should be 80w90  and being as old as it is probably the winch also but I am assuming that it is a gearmattic winch.

Stump

I assumed 80w90 also but was hopeing someone could tell me what the manual says or what they have been running in their TJ for years. The winch is an Eaton PTO and has its own gear box with oil. It would be nice if everything took 80w90 but I find life is not that easy. 

kiko

Transmission level should be checked warm and running . Transmission fluid is ATF or Premium tractor transmission fluid. If the service brake is in the rear of the transmission in that model tj be sure and use the same fluid in the master cylinder as you do the transmission.

Thank You Sponsors!