iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

385XP Parts??

Started by coxy74, September 28, 2013, 08:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy74

Hi there all,

Just wanting to know what parts fit onto a 385XP off other Husky's??

Cheers

angelo c

Share many parts with 390 xp. Same chassis different bore. So almost direct plug and play other then jug and slug.
wife,kids,dog,t-shirts to prove it

coxy74

Thanks for the reply. What about bits off a 372XP?? The reason I ask is, I have a crankcase/tank from a 385XP with new bore and piston, that just needs a carb. I have few stuffed 365XP's and 372XP's lying around, and was wondering if anyone out there, knew if a carb off these would fit onto a 385XP?? Or do I need to get one that's for a 385XP??

Thanks again

Paul ( coxy74 )

tolman_paul

I know somewhere I saw a list of various tilotson carburators that included the veturi diameters and perhaps the stud bolt spacing.  The 385 uses a tilotson HS 296 or 298 carb, and that is probably the same carb body size used on the 372, but the 372 uses a walbro carb.  Odds are the 272 is a smaller dia carb so you'll loose a bit of power but probably not that much.

The other concern besides the bolt spacing on the carb is how the throttle and choke are linked up.  You might be about to bolt the carb in place, but the controls might take some modification to fit up.

Terry Syd

Different carb on the 365/372 with a different bolt pattern. It's also 17mm versus the 385's 19mm.

You may be able to get the 372 carb to fit by swapping the manifold and the filter mount. Guys that mod the 372 will swap a 385 carb on with the 385 filter  mount.

With the 372 carb, the low speed circuit may not flow enough fuel for strong low end torque, so you may have to open up the low speed needle and then lean out the idle by increasing the metering spring pre-load (POP).

Thank You Sponsors!