iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rebuilding 361 big bore vs stock

Started by sshier, October 17, 2013, 09:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sshier

Im rebuilding 361 what is best route for saw. It will be an every day limbing saw guess big question is realiability and power gain.

mastermind7864

Stick with the OEM jug if possible.....

tlandrum

randy is right stay with oem.  on some of the aftermarket junk you have to port it to just get it to run with stock oem.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

sshier

Ok so if i port it and port muffler will i feel a huge diff or not. Although i've heard the 361's are screamers for there weight stock.

mastermind7864

Quote from: sshier on October 18, 2013, 06:22:14 AM
Ok so if i port it and port muffler will i feel a huge diff or not. Although i've heard the 361's are screamers for there weight stock.

That depends on the timing numbers used, compression gain, or not....

Would you be doing any machine work to the cylinder or just a little port widening?

sshier

Just going to widen ports and open up muffler some clean up casting more or less.thinkin about just going big bore from baileys alot less expensive than stihl parts

mastermind7864

Stick with a standard bore cylinder.........big bores normally have wack port timing numbers. It's like whoever designs them is real stupid......

nmurph

Quote from: mastermind7864 on October 18, 2013, 12:20:22 PM
Stick with a standard bore cylinder.........big bores normally have wack port timing numbers. It's like whoever designs them is real stupid......

OP, you need to listen to this guy.

mastermind7864

Of course I don't know much about saw engines........I've only ported about 200 this year.  :new_year:

mastermind7864

Quote from: nmurph on October 18, 2013, 12:21:56 PM
Quote from: mastermind7864 on October 18, 2013, 12:20:22 PM

OP, you need to listen to this guy.

Hi Neal........I got a parcel from you. I like those little buggers.

sshier

Ok well thats why im here because I need advice. Sounds like I need oem thanks

mastermind7864

Quote from: sshier on October 18, 2013, 03:58:57 PM
Ok well thats why im here because I need advice. Sounds like I need oem thanks

Some aftermarket kits are very good........I've just not been at all impressed with many BB kits. I've used a couple for the 372 that were nice, and also a couple for the 7900 that were good. But I've never seen one for a Stihl that was worth a crap.

Thank You Sponsors!