iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

truck stop restaurants

Started by james, April 25, 2009, 09:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

occasionally you see a small mom & pop truck stop that will have a good restaurant pan fried chicken or in some of the south catfish but for the most part , in the big chains the food is  ??? ??? ???...edible?? :'( :'( :'( I love it when I get to stop at some of the small places where they actually cook for you ::) ::)
james

Burlkraft

There's a really, really good little truck stop restaurant in Bend, Oregon.
I forget the name, but the food and service was the best!  digin_2 digin_2
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Gary_C

Now Steve, you know better than to even think about that restaurant.  :D :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

DouginUtah

Steve,

When I was driving long-haul I stopped there one time. What I remember is I ordered a brownie and it was huge.  :D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

underdog

I got laid over in New Mexico once. South of there the little town had an historic sign saying somthing about a trail Jesse James used there to get to a hideout in Mexico.
Anyway along the Interstate there was only two motels and a Restaurant. Got a room at the Motel and wanderd over to the restaurant  8) Wow was i ever surprised. They had Southwestern and Mexican cooking on a buffet.
The price was resonable. There was even a great Chili Colorado laid out. That is usually one of  the more expensive items on a menue.
There was a place in Chicago i used to get a chance to hit occasionally. They had a Chicken parmisian better than any before of since.

olyman

believe it or not,theres a huge truckstop on I80 close to the east iowa border. its huge, but everything there is handmade. and its good. have stopped there more than once on the way thru. called the---------I80 truckstop!!!

Hi-Country Orange

if i'm not mistaken the I80 is the largest truck stop in US

Raider Bill

Quote from: Hi-Country Orange on April 27, 2009, 01:12:57 PM
if i'm not mistaken the I80 is the largest truck stop in US

I believe you are right. I saw it on modern marvels.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

olyman

now that you say it--i believe thats what the signs say as you approach it.

Raider Bill

Theres another one on the east side of Knoxville that's pretty dang big. Stopped in for lunch one time wasn't impressed.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Thank You Sponsors!