iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Know of a veneer buyer in S. Indiana/Louisville Area?

Started by Busflyer, February 20, 2006, 09:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busflyer

First post to the forum so forgive me if I'm asking an already answered question.  I have an opportunity for some selective cutting in a soon to be developed 20 acre patch.  Went and did a drive by and saw some huge walnut and white oak.  Going to take a walk through it today and thought I would ask this question in reference to the walnut at the very least.  I am by no means well seasoned at this having only been doing it small time for 3 years or so.  The trees were all branchless until at least 35-40 ft and bigger than any I had seen in my 3 years at this.  Used the search function and got a little info on log grading but any info in this arena would be apprecated also.  Use most of my lumber myself and sell when I get overloaded which is the condition I find myself in right now, I have never explored the veneer option before.  I'll take what I need but would love to move some of the best stuff into a buyers hands in exchange for cash ;D Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Eric

Bill H

Below is a link to the Ky. division of Forestry's web site and in the middle of the page is a link to Ky's Growing Gold which is put out Quarterly. Look on page 6 under Wanted-Forestry products-Stumpage logs and bolts and you will find several buyers also call a consulting forester and pay him for a couple hours of his time it will pay in the long run

growing gold

good luck,
Bill
love to play in the woods
2 Husky 359's
Timberjack 230D
Cat 941
D7

Thank You Sponsors!